Poll: Did Steve Blum voice this Pro SOPA \ PIPA commercial ?

protogenxl

Mar 5, 2008
Last night I saw a Pro SOPA \ PIPA commercial and manged to catch it on my HDD\DVD recorder. The ad itself is the worse kind of political tripe but as I was ripping it and loading it up to YouTube I realized the announcer sounds a like Steve Blum (noted voice actor think Spike on Cowboy Bebop) If it is him obviously the term sellout comes to mind but really i wonder if he will read anything that is put in front of him.

The TV ad in Question.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HKtRJTgKihA#t=28s

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Definitely sounds like him. I'm not sure if it would count as selling out, though; the American dubbing community /hates/ youtube, because fansubs eat up a lot of their business. Personally, I prefer to watch it subbed anyway, and it bugs me that we have dedicated voice actors who are incapable of doing more than one voice (we need more Mark Hamills and Mel Blancs, and less Steve Blums and Crispen Freemans). Not that I begrudge them the job, just that I'd rather the money that goes into making a (usually terrible) dub go into hiring someone who actually understands both languages like a native to do the subtitles.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Nah, or atleast I really don't think so.
To be fair I haven't heard Steve Blum talk normally and have just heard his voice most prominently as Grunt, Spike Spiegel, Grayson Hunt and Robert Burns (the other guy from Vanquish) so by my experiences No, but there is a slim chance.

VERY SLIM!

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
This shit absolutely grinds my sodding gears. It was cheeky to even forward this bill in the first place, but an advert, I never knew about a sodding advert! Jesus Christ, I feel sorry for all you sensible Americans having to put up with this propaganda shit on you're box. The saddest thing is, that most people are going to buy this shit, when in fact it is the greatest threat to the internet since forever.

That American flag was the icing on the shit sundae, AMERICA DOES NOT OWN THE INTERWEBS FFS, NO ONE DOES!

To the guy who made this atrocity, how do you sleep at night, tell me please, because you obviously crush a dozen baby skulls to fill your large goblet up with blood every night.