Poll: Did you enjoy killing Valen Dreth in Oblivion?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009

Skip to 05:23

That how I felt when I heard that it was him, Then it was just me sneaking through the sewers and then when I saw him.

Well, it was damn good death.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
I enjoyed it greatly - not in particular because it was him, but the quest was excellent.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
FPSMadPaul said:
Valen Dreth [http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Valen_Dreth] was the Dumner who insulted you at the very start of the epic Elder Scrolles IV Oblivion. If you played the Dark Brotherhood quest line you got the oh so sweet joy of killing him.
"Yes, his death warmed my insides." Literally, My character was a werewolf. And Ate him. Yum Yum Yum >:)

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
Oh yes, I did so enjoy that. Twas a neat little tie-in I thought. One of those small details that made me love the game.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Oh yeah. I was playing a custom class where I was a stealth based character but instead of the normal weapons for stealth characters I used maces and other heavy weaponry. I was bashed him over the head with my lightning mace the minute he called for the guards. And I didn't have to kill anyone else to get to him.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
I felt it made up for having to listen to him prattle on and on for the fourth time (because my fourth playthrough was when I finally went for stealth and did the Dark Brotherhood missions) so it was well-deserved on his part.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Meh. He thought I had a wife, which I dont, so I dont really care. I do like putting his cell key on his corpse though before I walk out. Just to add to the irony (and make the guards wonder what happened)

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
Oh yes. I even made sure to beat him to death with my fists, rather than use my regular methods (Sneak attack marksman kills are a personal favorite. Especially with poison). He... took some time to go down. My only non professional assassination.

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
zehydra said:
Nieroshai said:
In Oblivion boss fights rarely ever felt epic. Dreth felt like just another random villainous mage.
That could be because Oblivion doesn't have any boss fights.
with the sole exception of the knights of the nine add on...

OT: eh, it was more of "another person to kill, another soul to take."
my very first play through, i would spend time killing guards to get their gear. then id go and get my own gear.

now, i do a couple of quests for the DB, just to get the suit. then i go thieves guild. once my sneak is sufficiently up there, i start getting land marks and gathering loot. no one can see me coming. me or my bow.

Zergadooful

Sep 30, 2010
I thought it was a bit ironic that I killed him, but I didn't enjoy it any more than other murder.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
In my first playthrough I turned his brain into a slushee gleefully. In later playthroughs I felt nothing.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Not anymore than anyone else I killed.

But that's because by the time I got around to starting the Dark Brotherhood quests I was playing custom races so he always kept his fucking mouth shut in the beginning.