Poll: Digimon or Pokemon

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Pokemon, since I liked the games so much.

Plus the digimon finnish dub is among the worst dubs ever, allthough it's a part of the charm...

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
Digimon always seemed a bit 1 sided and imitation-cereal compared to pokemon, but then again, I only watched a few episodes :3

Schlorgan

May 31, 2009
Let's compare them:

Pokemon had one okay season and then sucked for the next ten years

Digimon has three good seasons (One being VERY GOOD), plus much more creative and badass creature designs

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
Digimon has a more interesting story and better monster design. Besides the different levels and the more complex evolution trees are very compelling.
The Pokemon show had no real story to begin with and was utterly stupid as the plot went on to newer games.

But and this is quite a big but Pokemon video games are fun whereas most Digimon games are pain (the latest DS game was allright though).

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Digimon had a lot of potential. Most of it was squandered, sure, but it had potential.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I grew up with neither but played some Pokemon games, so, yeah. Pokemon, I guess.
Also, whenever I zapped into either of those shows, Digimon always seemed... crappier?
I never stayed long on their respective channels, though.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
How about one nor t'other?

They were both decent anime series, but it's not like they were in direct competition: one started life as a more badass version of Tamagotchi, the other started as a videogame. Why can't I like both?

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
I liked Digimon, but never really watched much of it. saw a movie or two, and it kinda beat anything Pokemon could field.
So I'd say Digimon.

Dammit... Now I wanna go find and watch some digimon...
Go forth unto youtube. I spent the slow parts of the summer holidays watching it and it was time well spent. Season 3 I stopped caring, they just deemed to retcon everything and operated on a principle of "They find a baddy, they beat it" with no real "series" playing out, just a few scraps. Seriously, 6 episodes in and they've done NOTHING long term. Adventures had them handing the villian his ass within 10 episode, and non stop drama upto that.

I voted Digimon (Like you couldn't have guessed) for one simple reason.
Sure, Wizardmon was also a factor, but look at that guy. HE MAKES QUATERSTAFFS LOOK BADASS!

UltraParanoia

Oct 11, 2009
Neither.

I've never watched the pokemon tv show, I just had one of the gameboy games for when I was really bored.

CuervoJoe

Apr 13, 2009
I always found Digimon to be like a cheap version of pokemon.
If pokemon were Heinz baked beans, then digimon were the dodgy, watery 1p a tin beans.

An_Evil_Penguin

Oct 28, 2009
Pokemon, cause it spawned stuff like this:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=1

and this:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=260

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Pokemon. Why?
1. That show is still running.
2. The bond/friendship with pokemon was a lot more inspiring than digimon.
3. That show is still running.
4. The only pokemon who could really talk were legendaries...and Meowth.
5. Pokemon had better villians and plot driven stories in my opinion.
6. That show is still running.
7. I find it amusing that all these girls in pokemon are falling for Ash and he doesn't even notice. If it was me, I'd at least try something.
8. There is a finite number of pokemon...at least I hope there is because there can only be so many left by now...whereas digimon seemed to be endless.
9. When pokemon evolved, they at least looked a little bit like their previous form. Digimon on the other hand, well, Ty's digimon started out as a blob like thing and then when it "evolved" it was a dinosaur type thing. Pokemon, by contrast, when Ash's charmander evolved it still looked like a dragon/dinosaur all the way to Charizard.
10. Oh and THAT SHOW IS STILL RUNNING!

7. is my favorite one.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
ssgt splatter said:
7. I find it amusing that all these girls in pokemon are falling for Ash and he doesn't even notice. If it was me, I'd at least try something.
Isn't Ash just ten years old?
Maybe that's why.