Poll: Do boys like Fallout 3?

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
Well concidering i've probably put more then 500 hours into fallout 3...I'd say yes. I also enjoy fallout new vegas. I don't understand all the hate for it, especially when you concider the people making it (obsidian) had never used the engine they were making it on before.

Mar 9, 2010
I don't think it's limited by gender.

For the record though, yes I do enjoy Fallout. I'm a fan of all Bethesda's RPGs, Fallout 3 got me into that.

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
Well, at last check I'm a guy, and Fallout 3 is probably my second favorite game ever, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say, yeah I like it. Though, my first favorite is the Kingdom Hearts series, so maybe that says something... oh well.

TheRichPoorMan

Jun 14, 2010
what kind of question is that!?! it's one of the best games of the last 10 years!
sunk nearly 600 hours into that game, still havn't found everything.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Gethsemani said:
My girlfriend recently tried to get into Fallout 3, following some success in games such as Left 4 Dead, Alien Swarm, Minecraft and the Sims. While she found it a bit too complex, we started thinking about the fact that most of our male friends do not play Fallout 3. So, do guys like Fallout 3? You girls are welcome to vote too.

(I was inspired by this thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.311200-Poll-Do-Girls-Like-Super-Smash-Brothers], hence the question.)
Actually, I'm confused here. Why was this ever in doubt? I know the sexes are equal in gaming, but you have to ask if a Fallout game appeals to guys? The happy-go-lucky, very-funky, war-torn wasteland with our boy Three Dog playing the tunes? Really? I'm surprised by that statement, and not surprised by the result of the poll.

Mr. 47

May 25, 2011
I didn't really like it. I love the premise, the environments, and the design, but there was just something that made it unenjoyable to me. I'm a guy.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
You know boys who don't play Fallout 3? I didn't know the human race had found another planet with a breathable atmosphere!

Captcha: October TCOcean. I've seen weirder.

Feb 7, 2009
Kevlar Eater said:
Heck yeah, I like that game. Nowhere near as awesome as New Vegas, but it's still awesome nevertheless.

And I'm a man.
Damn you Obsidian! Making New Vegas unplayable with the last patch!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I don't see what's girly about it, and I spent most of the game in a sun dress.

...er, my character, I mean.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Terminate421 said:
Hell yeah. Isn't that like asking if humans like air?
Then I don't like air.

I didn't like it honestly, and I'm a guy. I don't see why it was considered good or fun. It's probably good in it's own aspects, so I'm not gonna bash it >_>.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
The Man With the Soap said:
Kevlar Eater said:
Heck yeah, I like that game. Nowhere near as awesome as New Vegas, but it's still awesome nevertheless.

And I'm a man.
Damn you Obsidian! Making New Vegas unplayable with the last patch!
I thought the last patch just included unattainable trophies and hints about the next DLC's.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Kwaku Avoke said:
genericusername64 said:
The question should be do any girls like fallout 3
better question indeed
Seconded, or thirded whatever. That would have made for a more interesting thread, although maybe not as many posts. I mean, it's a hard game to not like, despite the bugs. Just so many ways to play it and so open-ended it's insane. But yea, a motorcycle would've been awesome. Heck, even a hoverboard or someshit.