Poll: Do the Escapists know how to tie a tie?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Yes, learned how when I was 19 and started going to real (read: not McDonald's) job interviews.

I don't have much dexterity so the best I can do is an awkward four-in-hand, but it gets the job done.

...incidentally, this is one of those things that a man should know. Your friendly neighborhood Rated M For Manly poster says so!

Dxz5roxg

Aug 19, 2009
I've got no clue at all. There's only been one or two times when I've even held a tie.

Feb 18, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
Slycne said:
Yes, but it usually takes two or three tries for me to get it right because I don't wear one very often.
This applies also to my case. I´m not a fan of those formal dresses so I wear a tie very rarely, but I can still make a half-way decent Windsor knot.

Awwww...That's too bad. I wanted to wear a tie. We could've gone and brought sexy back.
Too bad you Canadians are just too damn sexy for us, so we had to block you. You see, our idea of sexy is padded winter clothing. Now that´s hot. Okay, that was stretching it far, but I got to use a BitF strip. Yay.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I've only worn a tie once and that was for high school yearbook pictures.

Other than that, no, I haven't worn a tie since and hopefully I won't ever have to learn how to tie one again.

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
Uefascal said:
Trebort said:
I keep trying, but I always fail. I need to master this... because I love collecting ties. Irony! :(
What type/kind of ties?
I can tie them perfectly now, just so everyone is aware.

I have to wear traditional ties when I'm in court, and totally boring ones. Nothing bright or happy looking. Casually though, I prefer to wear skinny ties, and usually very bright or cheerful. :D

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Oh. unintentional double post due to necro-ing of the thread that I didn't notice. Nice.