Poll: Do you believe we landed on the moon?

gadafgadaf

Nov 29, 2009
you don't need a manned mission to put reflectors on the moon and that could have been done after the fact, something may have happened and they might have had to dramatize the landing in a vacuum chamber that simulated moon conditions (something that did exist back then)

How does America go from not putting a single rocket in the air without it blowing up while Russians put a satellite and several manned flights in space, then all of a sudden, seemingly overnight, we are on the moon?

Flag is waving in space conditions? They are seconds away from being out of fuel when they land but some how they can lift off and make it back? Who the hell is shooting the video of the first landing, unless we had a permanent film production company living on the moon before we first stepped on the moon's surface that's impossible.

It's much easier/cheaper winning the space race through movie magic than actually going to the moon. If we did it back then with less tech than our cell phones why not go back for 40 years.

Its really convenient that all the "space rocks/evidence" were exposed/tainted due to some compartment not being sealed all the way upon reentry.

hebdomad

May 21, 2008
irishdelinquent said:
No, we landed on the moon. Case Closed. All those who ague have tin-foil-lined hats on.
Yeah it stops the government from reading my thoughts! :p

/thread

gadafgadaf said:
you don't need a manned mission to put reflectors on the moon and that could have been done after the fact, something may have happened and they might have had to dramatize the landing in a vacuum chamber that simulated moon conditions (something that did exist back then)

How does America go from not putting a single rocket in the air without it blowing up while Russians put a satellite and several manned flights in space, then all of a sudden, seemingly overnight, we are on the moon?

Flag is waving in space conditions? They are seconds away from being out of fuel when they land but some how they can lift off and make it back? Who the hell is shooting the video of the first landing, unless we had a permanent film production company living on the moon before we first stepped on the moon's surface that's impossible.

It's much easier/cheaper winning the space race through movie magic than actually going to the moon. If we did it back then with less tech than our cell phones why not go back for 40 years.

Its really convenient that all the "space rocks/evidence" were exposed/tainted due to some compartment not being sealed all the way upon reentry.
1. They didn't call it the space race for nothing you know, and to be honest, the Americans where only a step behind the Russians prior to the moon landings. Check your dates.

2. The Flags waving can be put down to the near frictionless environment caused by the lack of an atmosphere. If there was an atmosphere, the flag would have not flapped at all due friction. And "wind" would have caused visible dust to be blown up anyway.

3. Have you honestly seen the special effects of the 1960s? The only way you could get something that real was to shoot on location... which they did.

4. The whole "running out of fuel thing"? you really think they never had an abort mission plan for the landing? The pilot (I forget who, Neil or Buzz) only had a few second of fuel left before they had to abort the landing and head back to the command ship.

5. Maybe you should have a look at the camera angles again. They where all on the lander, carried by the guys, or put down on a tripod by some one.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Blanks said:
We were on the moon, heck MythBusters proved all of the conspiracies to be false, it was all real and backed by science
Yeah all those theories though can be explained with 6th grade science. like the man in the shadow showing/not showing up, It's obvious that light bounces in every direction when it hits an object the moon is a light grey-ish color, of course it is going to reflect light. WE've known that for hundreds of years.

As for the rest of it. Yes we have been there, I wish NASA, or some other space agency(It is kinda boring being the only real country in this game), would head back, With the advanced tech we have today we could have HD shots of the moon and alot more.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
I don't know if we were on the moon or not. I wasn't there. And neither were you guys. We can only speculate if we landed or not. Other claims would be retarded.
I believe only in things I see or things that I can prove by logic. I admit however, it seems higly likely we have actually been there.

lodo_bear

Nov 15, 2009
I once had a long web discussion about this very topic.

It was brought on by a series of essays by David McGowan, a conspiracy theorist who seems to have uncovered a few genuine (and genuinely scary) conspiracies.

Wagging the Moondoggie, part 1:
http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/Apollo1.html
There's a whole series.

Over at my favorite doomer/die-off site, people began analyzing this and talking it over:
http://www.doomers.us/forum2/index.php/topic,54088.0.html

I left the discussion still convinced that none of the missions were faked. I leave it to you all to peruse the massive volume of analysis, point/counterpoint, and links, and decide for yourselves.

Slightly off-topic: there's evidence that the Chinese faked their spacewalk:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=NVbBFwdmldA
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=kG4Z_r38ZDE
http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/content/view/5809/
http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/content/view/8332/

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
There are two questions the Moon Landing conspiracies bring to light:

Why fake the moon landing? What is the motive? I find it highly unlikely they would go to that much trouble just to save face because that's the most likely motive. But if we couldn't do it, say we tried, and we will keep on trying, maybe do it a few years down the road.

Next: Why hasn't anyone come forward? Look at all those involved in this "conspiracy," the astronauts, NASA Administration, all those in Mission Control, the people in the Jet Propulsion Lab, the maintenance guys, etc.. Does anyone doubt that every single one of them are so underhanded they would keep this covered up? Now maybe the US government is good at that, but I have one word for you: Watergate. The government couldn't cover up a break in at a shitty hotel, you think they can fake the moon landing...successfully!?

seious

Aug 19, 2009
Anoctris said:
seious said:
Anoctris said:
You can dismiss Roswell maybe, but there are too many unexplainable sightings to discount other incidents.

You are also assuming that we have the technical ability to defend this planet from a possible species that posess the ability to travel interstellar distances, and craft that are capable of speeds and manuevers that are currently impossible for terrestial aircraft to match.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident - military unable to explain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave - military unable to explain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights - Governor reverses himself after leaving office.

And Airline pilots are buzzed with such regularity by UFOs they don't even bother reporting it unless they are damaged or otherwise intereferred with.

I've been seeing a 'star' like light for the past 12 months where I work. This week I've determined its most likely the International Space Station, as I was able to look up the flight paths on the NASA site and match it to the last sighting. Bummer.
im sorry but whenever there is a story about a ufo there are far too many holes like if aliens could travel far and anywhere and storys talk about abduction if the do get abducted why is there no evidence when they get back except their word but enough about aleins back to the MOON
I struggle to comprehend your reply, but by the basics I take it you don't believe in UFOs or abuctees.

You really should click the links my friend and read the articles.

Now I'm not saying they're absolute proof of ET-life or spaceships/whatever, but they are not easily explained either.
i actually read your links but theres something quite odd there the "sacships" shown in your links pics are diffrent why would the aleins need 2 kinds of ships dont get me wrong the idea of ET-life really intrigues me but i really dont see it happening why would they even bother coming here if the already know more then us whats the point they most know more then us because they have masterd space travel

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
We faked the moon landing but the studio was on the moon.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Saying that we didn't land on the moon is as legitimate as saying that i am George Washington in disguise. Of course they were real. We left quite a lot of stuff up there!

Souplex said:
We faked the moon landing but the studio was on the moon.
Reply of the week.

cutekittenkyti

Dec 12, 2007
During the 50's the first integrated circuit was invented (the thing that actually lets us have personal computers and not 3 rooms full of vacuum tubes.)
But they were so freakin expensive. Like 200$ for a single chip. No one wanted to pay for them. And if no one wanted to pay, then the manufacturing process couldn't be improved. And with no integrated circuits, no new technology that we have today (well almost none).

But, in the 60's guess what new project needed powerful computers but very small ones at the same time. Yep, if it wasn't for NASA buying all those chips to go to the moon we wouldn't even have the computers we used to type these comments on.

So if it was a conspiracy, why buy these expensive components that you wouldn't need. That you could just fake with a panel and tell people they can't look behind it because its classified.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Of course they where real we have pictures, video, moon rocks, and all the records to prove it. What are we missing? What evidence isn't there? What do people need to believe we landed on the Moon?

cutekittenkyti

Dec 12, 2007
HotFezz8 said:
hl=en&rlz=1R2TSEE_enGB346&q=darwin+was+wrong&meta=&aq=0&oq=darwin+was+ (and a google list of people saying darwin was wrong. i give up on the internet.)
I agree he was right about micro evolution, but in his famous work he said that life spontaneously came into being. His proof, a piece of meat would start growing mold even in a sealed room. Bacteria and stuff like that weren't known at the time.

So the whole macro evolution theory has a gap in it.

(prepares flame shield just in case D:)

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
If you believe,
They've put a
man on the moon,
Man on the moon!

Yeah, and I hope people who say "no" won't even have an offspring.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
Schmeh-There are people who think the holocaust didn't happen and that the world is actually flat(I wish I was joking about this one). It just proves that some people shouldn't breed.

TW-yes I believe we landed on the moon.

Chronarch

Oct 31, 2009
I'm pretty sure that we did, in fact, land on the moon. I don't know why people would think we didn't.