Poll: Do you care about nutritional value of food or you just eat whatever you want guys?

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Well guys. Personally, I just eat anything I want as long as its not completely unhealthy. Candies, lollipops and other crap like that full of sugar are the kind of foods I never eat generally. I eat chocolate from time to time as that is at least partially healthy.

Well guys. Do you care about the nutritional value of food? Or you just eat whatever you want?

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Once you get older, you really do have to care. A couple years ago I suddenly started putting on weight - I guess I crossed that threshold everyone hits when they get older.

Now I try and be healthy - most of my meals are home-cooked and they consist of a protien, carb, and a veggie, usually lots of veggies. I still eat far too much food, but I'm trying to change that, too.

Not to say I don't indulge, but I always feel terribly guilty afterwards and try not to do too much.

I did eat half a chocolate bar last night, and half a little chocolate dessert bar thing, too... but you go off the birth control pill after 15 years and try and fight the food cravings. Not easy. ... And then this morning I decided to really cut down on buying breakfast at work and to cook smaller meals. We'll see how that goes.

Captcha: Cordon bleu ... I hate you. My favourite way to have chicken.

Altefforr

Feb 23, 2013
I try to stay away from any food that is full of chemical additives. Fuck capitalism and mass production.

Arthritis wrapped in Sugar mislabeled as Marshmellows.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
I try to make sure I have a good carbs/fat/protein ratio. I even go so far as to make spreadsheets that calculate the total calories, fat, and protein, as well as fat and protein percentages, of food that I eat in a day. When choosing between different types of the same food, I'll compare the nutrition labels on the back of each package of food.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Altefforr said:
I try to stay away from any food that is full of chemical additives. Fuck capitalism and mass production.

Arthritis wrapped in Sugar mislabeled as Marshmellows.
But that shit tastes nice, yo.

As you may have guessed, no, I'm not that concerned with what I eat. I somehow manage to keep in shape and generally don't feel unhealthy so yay me.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I usually eat loads of crap, but I eat less of it than others. Or, I eat tons, and then I spend like 3 hours drumming or running at the gym to fix it.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I really try to stay away from all the crap.
If I do eat some crap I try to sweat it off.

Some day though, some day I will build a resistance to junk food and all that crap.
Then I'll only eat a heap of it on one day. (Don't worry I'm not unhealthy now ... I would just like to knock it down a level)

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
I try to stay away from fast food and sweets, but it's so damn hard :(
But most of the time I just eat greens, oats, low fat milk, fish, greens, eggs, beans, nuts and more greens.

Angelowl

Feb 8, 2013
As a rule, not too much fast food. Cook fairly balanced meals (vegetables are mostly fillers), somewhat varied meals. Eat regularly and till I'm stuffed, the rest becomes leftovers. Train regularly and sleep regularly. Works fairly fine. ^^

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I don't really give a fuck. I'm rather sure I weigh less at 19 than I did when I was 16. I'm too lanky to really care XD

Plus I actually don't eat enough, eating gets in the way of anime and video game time so skipping a few meals a week is quite common. I still eat when i'm actually hungry to be clear. If only because it's distracting as hell

I blame League. It's such a timesink that the "one more game before tea" promise gets forgotten halfway into that match.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
All the lanky "I eat what I want" people who are in their late teens and early 20's...your metabolism is going to decline, guys. You'd be best advised to try and develop good habits now, because if you're used to indulging every hedonistic food urge you get now, it's going to be hell trying to establish necessary habits in your 30's and 40's.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I eat basically whatever I want.

I have some natural affinity towards cooking so I end up creating nice tasting food out of not extremely unhealthy foods that on their own are a bit bland.

That said, I do on occasion drink cream and have been known to drink oil left over after frying something.

Also caffeine, I know when I need to cut back on it and when I can afford to have a cup of coffee or something.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
Now I think about it.. I try to buy organic and avoid diet stuff.. and cut back on sugar a bit in general... but I don't restrict myself... I'll eat anything I like.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
In between options 1 and 2.

As a vegetarian, I have to pay special attention and make sure I'm getting enough of certain vitamins and minerals (iron, etc.) that other people take for granted. Since I make about 80% of what I eat from scratch, I make sure that everything I use is relatively healthy and contains most of what I need. (Also I think healthy food is delicious. I would much rather eat broccoli than Doritos.)

But then I drink tons of tea and coffee with cream and sugar, and I bake cakes and eat ice cream more often than I should.

All in all, I think I eat healthier than the average person, but I'm not super careful about what I eat. Yet.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I try to.

Don't always succeed though.

At least I manage to stay away from outright junk food. My weaknesses are pastries and high carb food like pasta.

smokeyninjas

Apr 5, 2010
Nope i only eat stuff that i like the taste of & is mostly deep fried or fast food takeaways although i only really eat when i have the munchies as i dont really get that hungry otherwise & can end up going a couple days without eating & not really notice but when i do get the munchies i eat crazy amounts but since its only when i have the munchies am still thin so happy days

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
No, never cared.
I got intrested last time I tried to drop some weight though. Checked the stuff for sugar mostly, and fuck me, the amounts was crazy. Believe just a normal soda was 1/3 sugar.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Growing up eating one meal a day (that meal being spam) from time to time, you get an appreciate for food and eatif its available.

so i eat anyhting i like that tastes good to me.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
I eat whatever i want as long as i like it. Don't care if it is "unhealthy" (and yes, that is between quotations because somethings that are declared "healthy" or "unhealthy" tend to be neither or the opposite)

Since i do not like lettuce and the likes i never eat it. You will get the funniest looks and people can't believe it.

Should you be a vegetarian you ALWAYS get treated different and handled completely separate menus should that be needed, but if you don't eat rabbit food they look at you like you just escaped from the asylum.