Poll: Do you consider yourself to be lazy?

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I do because the only thing that makes me do anything is from other people. Whether it's from people forcing me to or I don't want to disappoint the people I care about.

kcjerith

Jan 10, 2011
The escapist was too lazy to publish your poll....(I kid I kid)
But no, I am a graduate student in a psychology program. If you are lazy your ass gets tossed. So 50-60 hours a week at school is not uncommon, and I rarely do less than 40.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Not at all. I accomplish the goals I set out for myself and attempt to complete tasks as effortlessly and conveniently as possible so that I maximize my free time.

The above having been said, most people would consider me lazy due to a perceived lack of ambition.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Oh most definitely, but I'm not so lazy that I don't know when to get my head out of the clouds and wake the fuck up.

In short yes I'm lazy but I can work well when really want to.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I do consider myself to be lazy. On the other hand, I work full time and go to college, so nobody else much does.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Not really, just... very massive
I take forever to get accustomed to a new job but once i am, it's hard to get me to stop working.
I notice that when i play games as well

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
I'm not lazy, I am just a Couch connoisseur who has spent much time aptly studying the subtle curves and grooves of the couch. Through much time interacting with such a natural wonder as the couch, I have forged a understanding relationship with the creature, and it's tribal elder "The Television" has also accepted me as one of their community.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Yep. I'm quite lazy, and will freely admit that to just about anyone. Which, when you're in the military, can be a bit problematic. I should really learn to hold my tongue sometimes.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Very.
I am so lazy I was tempted to leave it at very.
I am amazed I posted this at all.

I'm gonna go sleep now.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Yes. But if shit needs doing, that shit will get done. But only when/if it really needs doing. So if I'm sort of hungry, fuck it, I'll keep browsing the internet until I get proper hungry. If I have some shitty useless homework in for tomorrow, fuck it, I'll do it later when there's nothing better I could be doing. Unless whatever it is that sort of needs doing doesn't take much effort. I'll do things that don't take much effort whenever.
So yeah. I'll do things when I need to, and not before. That's my kind of laziness.

Apr 21, 2011
Definitely, very, very lazy. I like laying on my bed all the time doing nothing but mindlessly searching the internet for entertainment, having 13 hour sleeps and consuming a respectable amount of food and by respectable I mean the average of a normal weight person. Sometimes I'll play some videogames but I can't achieve my goals no matter how much I pretend I want to when I really don't as I'm just trying to give my life some other meaning other then entertainment and resource purposes. Don't worry, I'm not always like this just 99% of the time and I'm just being honest.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I ate a cold, it was in the fridge, Raisin English Muffin yesterday because I didn't want to have the separate the two halves to toast them.

So ya very, but to be fair I'm also very efficient. I'll go out of my way to not have to ever do something again.

Chezza

Feb 17, 2010
I would be lying if I said I wasn't.

My laziness is one of or the most major flaw I have. From little motivation to look for more work, the little interest to experience something new and challenging away from home, my dislike of meeting new people (other factors involved too), my habit of getting work done near the last minute and failure to be organized and consistent is contributed by my laziness whom rather waste time enjoying gaming, a lazy form of entertainment.

However this is my being brutally upfront and it is not that its harming me in life but its whats causing me to lose grades I am very capable to achieve or make situations a bit more complex when I wait too long. In contrast, with the right environment and support (usually a mentor figure, say in the workplace) I am a damn hard worker who must get things done right without time to waste. In addition in class I despise students talking over lecturers/tutors and do my best to be involved with the class and learning. I have noticed environment plays a major role to my activeness. Home being the primary source of lack of it.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Yes.

I'm so tempted to leave this post with only one word, but I won't.
Yup, there's more than one word now!

Yeah, I can be lazy, but if I have to do something, I'll do it with little complaining.