Poll: Do you drink alcohol?

WittyName

Jan 3, 2009
Yes, I normally have a drink or two every week, mainly beer, gin and tonic or rum and coke. Occasionally, there's a drink-fueled games night at a friends house, but 5-6 drinks is the most I'll ever drink in one go.

Bob Thenecromancer

Nov 10, 2012
No I don't drink, I've seen what happens to people when they drink too much and I don't want any thing to do with that stuff.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
I don't like the taste... added to which it saves me a hell of a lot of money, being a uni student, and I don't particularly like the way it seems to make people anyway. Also my two best friends both have/ had alcoholic fathers, which is a little off-putting.

DeathChairOfHell

Dec 31, 2009
I like to enjoy a drink from time to time. I can control my liquor intake pretty well and I know when to quit. I also prefer proper alcohol like whiskey, it seems to be made for me.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
I just cant stand the stuff, in any varity.

I'm all ok for people having it in moderation (Drunk people i find really difficult to tolerate!), but i've tried several different types, but can't bring myself to like any of them. Most partys i go to know i usually have to bring a soft drink of some description...

Count Viceroy

Mar 4, 2013
Yes, and as most Uni students will tell you, probably too much, too often. I seem to lack the ability to become addicted to stuff though so I'm not worried. The only one usually worried is my wallet.

There's nothing like a fine stout with a couple mates in the pub, or a fine lager on a warm sunny day barbequeing, or a glass of wine to a fancy dinner, hell even the girly cocktails go down from time to time. There's a time and place for every drink.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I pretty much stopped rinking much after turning 18 since I went with a few friends on a trip to Magluf back then and since then I only seem to drink at Christmas,New years eve and new years day and maybe the occasional party.

Feb 28, 2008
I don't drink alcohol unless I want to be drunk. And in fact the idea of drinking during the day, or just as a casual drink doesn't interest me. No, alcohol serves a very specific social function for me, and for that I thank it, but it doesn't go beyond that. Certainly don't see myself ever drinking too much, just isn't that interesting a substance.

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
Sure. Im not much for the taste, i'd prefer a pop/soda/soft drink (whatever you want to call it) over alcohol. Though im not above having a beer every now and then or a glass of wine with a meal, I just dont like the idea of getting drunk, so i'll usually have a maximum of 2 drinks.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I used to drink a lot for two years, then i learned that it is one of the worst drugs
Addictive substances will steal your soul and or kill you

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
I guess it depends... on one hand i'm moderate because i rarely drink outside parties but on the other hand the amount i drink during parties can easily be quantified as "too much".