Poll: Do you drink Alcohol?

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I enjoy my alcohol but I don't like getting drunk. So I buy expensive alcohol that tastes good (microbrew beers, top shelf spirits, really nice wines) and I have at least one alcoholic drink nearly every day, but it's incredibly rare that I have any more than, say, two at the most.
Yes, I really do drink for the taste.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Korten12 said:
Well do you? For me I am underage but I have never thought of the idea of drinking a pleasent one. So I sort of made a early vow to never drink any Alcohol and just stick to Soda. I just like to keep sober as being drunk doesn't seem to be good physicaly or mentally.
Not everyone drinks to get drunk. Some of us love the taste of the drinks we get. I go to a craft beer store to get my drinks. The flavors of some of these beers are amazing and unlike anything else.
Seriously, read [http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/935/14563] some descriptions [http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/1914] of drinks and you'll find out that a good beer (or any quality alcohol. Maker's Mark bourbon is like this with me too) is something to enjoy the way you would a gourmet meal.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Nah. I stay away from any and all alcohol.
I've never even had one sip of an alcoholic beverage.

I've seen what it does to people and I don't want to be any part of it.

The most I'll ever try to drink is champagne but most likely, not even that.

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
>Australian.
>First beer at age 6
>First time drunk 16
>Made money homebrewing beer and selling it through year 11 and 12 at high school

Yup, I drink, but i don't do it to get drunk because it's boring, lol.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Zeithri said:
I don't accept it, I don't respect it, and I stay away from it.
Actually, my feelings about it can be summed up in that sentence.

Also, I love the new avatar Lexi! ^-^

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
I'm having a beer and making pizza from scratch right now. Mmmmmm the way they smell together n_n

Womlet

Jul 9, 2008
I dont drink too often. When I do I mostly drink Guinness(though I have tried many different types of drinks). I love the flavor and its an enjoyable way to relax.

JdaS said:
I'm the guy who checks "Socially" on the questionnaires. Sometimes it's moderate and sometimes to excess. I'm not the biggest fan of the sauce, but a couple pints of Guinness do make me strong. (P(o)ints and a cookie for the reference in the end there.

EDIT: Just realised the irony of posting that with a Minor Threat avatar.
Guinness is the most amazing drink in the world. Pints of Guinness make you strong by Against Me is an amazing song.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
I rarely drink, and I've only been drunk once, maybe twice. Neither time was fun.

Beer is piss, though, if you're gonna drink, it has to be vodka or some other hard drink. Apparently I was an alcoholic in my other life, because when I drink, it's usually straight out of a bottle of Vodka.

Juggern4ut20

Aug 31, 2010
Zeithri said:
I don't bother to read because you are only nagging about "Moderation!".
And with that logic, anything is fine if it is, in moderation.

Am I wrong?
Are you right?
Do I care?
Why do you care?

I don't accept it, I don't respect it, and I stay away from it.
A lot of drugs are not good even in moderation because they are physically addictive. Alcohol is not physically addictive at all. You can get addicted to it, but it's a mental addiction in the same way you can get addicted to shopping. I don't really mind if you stay away from it or that you don't accept it, but after complaining that people nag you about being alone, it seems hypocritically for you to turn around and nag others about their lifestyles by not respecting it. And no, alcohol in moderation is not damaging for your liver. In excess, it definitely is.

That being said. Marker's Mark and ginger ale please.

Azulito

Jan 1, 2009
I drink rarely.

It is a pleasant feeling and there is nothing wrong with it. I made myself a vow that I'd only drink when happy, thus I'm always a happy drunk.

I'd never drink out of depression or to ease stress, otherwise I'd end up one of those guys in a bar who feels like life is pointless... gah x.x

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Nope. Firstly, I'm underage. Secondly, it doesn't appeal to me at all. Smells nasty, don't fancy the idea of being drunk... I prefer being in complete control of myself.

I'll just stick to water, Hawaiian Punch, and Pepsi MAX. That's all I need.