Poll: Do you ever find yourself not caring?

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
I pretty optimistic but alot of stuff I really dont care about. Perhaps thats why I stay optimistic?

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
Care cup is empty. I've stopped watching the news because all there's been on it for the past couple of years is bloodshed. I've long since lost faith in humanity.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
~_~

i dont bother watching the news, its pretty mundane to me now

i find myself caring less and less about many things everyday, ah well

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
I'm a compassionate person, but if you let yourself get too torn up by all the tradgedies in the world you won't survive long.
This. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I do care, but realise that's life.

Vroboros00

Mar 8, 2009
I stopped caring at the start of this year. Became very self-inclined. Maybe it's not even 'not caring' but I feel more or less content with myself when I make myself not worry about things in life. It's great. :)

zombiekitten

Jan 20, 2009
Its hard to ride the thin line between Apathy and Insanity.
Caring enough to do something but not blowing up a building in protest.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Well, a nuke was launched today and all I could think of was how cool it would be to die from the impact and not the explosion or the aftermath.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Not caring when a celebrity dies isn't a sign of apathy or of being hollow inside, it just means you're not a sucker.

Sergeant M. Fudgey

Mar 26, 2009
Personally, I expect it and don't give a damn, well sure I giggle a bit at it (but I suppose it's only because I bet more than half of them deserved it). Shit happens, ya know? However, when a relative dies of course it matters to me.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
I've always been a fan of the Dadaist movement: reverting to artistic and possibly rational infantilism as a way of dealing with tragedy. You don't ignore it, you don't get buried in it and get apathetic, you don't turn into an asshat a jerk and make fun of everything in some desperate attempt to ignore your own emotions. You simply approach everything as if you're seeing it all for the very first time, and act accordingly.

Of course it makes people think you're either cold or autistic, but it's surprising how unoffensive it makes you as a whole.

punkrocker27

Mar 24, 2009
Darth Mobius said:
thecaptainof said:
I don't particularly have a lot of interest in news stories as a whole. My usual rationalisation is along the lines of "It isn't as bad as they make it seem, and the chances of it happening to me are miniscule at best. News is nothing but a bunch of Republicans trying to scare us into giving them more power..."
There, fixed that for you. And yes, I agree that there is very little I can do about it, and I have enough of my own problems without dealing with something I can't control, so fuck it.
that kind of apathy stemmed from bias is what scares me the most. why would republicans want to scare you by informing you of the growing frequency of mass shootings, something that could be solved with gun control?

Sergeant M. Fudgey

Mar 26, 2009
TheBluesader said:
I've always been a fan of the Dadaist movement: reverting to artistic and possibly rational infantilism as a way of dealing with tragedy. You don't ignore it, you don't get buried in it and get apathetic, you don't turn into an asshat a jerk and make fun of everything in some desperate attempt to ignore your own emotions. You simply approach everything as if you're seeing it all for the very first time, and act accordingly.

Of course it makes people think you're either cold or autistic, but it's surprising how unoffensive it makes you as a whole.
That's very interesting. I think I'll look into that a bit.

Sergeant M. Fudgey

Mar 26, 2009
punkrocker27 said:
Darth Mobius said:
thecaptainof said:
I don't particularly have a lot of interest in news stories as a whole. My usual rationalisation is along the lines of "It isn't as bad as they make it seem, and the chances of it happening to me are miniscule at best. News is nothing but a bunch of Republicans trying to scare us into giving them more power..."
There, fixed that for you. And yes, I agree that there is very little I can do about it, and I have enough of my own problems without dealing with something I can't control, so fuck it.
that kind of apathy stemmed from bias is what scares me the most. why would republicans want to scare you by informing you of the growing frequency of mass shootings, something that could be solved with gun control?
Because it means more power for them. If they don't have gun control, there will be shootings, and that can be used to scare people. If they utilize police to solve the problem, they look like the heroes.