Poll: Do you ever replay RPG's?

marche45

Nov 16, 2008
Topic.

Personally,i find that an RPG loses its appeal if you have to sit through the story again,especially if its a long game. Maybe if it unlocks an optional dungeon or new story element,but other than that i am gone after the last boss.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
I love replaying rpgs. If I enjoyed it completing it once is just not enough. Plus with replaying games you don't have to constantly get new ones.

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
All I ever play are RPG's, mostly Oblivion, which is why my trophy ranking on Playstation Network is so awful.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Not really. I mostly play RPGs of the Japanese variety though, I could probably do another Fallout playthrough if I could remember which of my Steam accounts had the game.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
All the time, I don't do a lot of sidequests when I first play the game so the second time around when I'm OP I go explore and do everything. If I don't want to sit through the story again most games let you skip cutscenes.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Eeeyup.

It's pretty fun going through the game once and then coming back to it with the knowledge of the game's mechanics and applying different strategies or approaches to certain battles. Plus, with WRPG's that allow you to build your own character, like the Fallout series, New Vegas in particular it's also fun trying out different play-styles.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I struggle to think of an rpg I haven't replayed at one point or another. These are 'western' style rpg though, Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Vampire: Bloodlines, that sorta game. The only Japanese rpg I've ever found myself replaying is Final Fantasy 6, which really is a wonderful little gem.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Too much even. Hard to play new stuff, including new JRPGs, when you just can't pull yourself away from constant replays of FFVII, VIII and IX

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Yes, the last several games I have played, as well as what I'm playing now, have all been RPGs that I've played before, most of which I've played several times before that. Most of the games I play are replayed to be honest, because I'm lucky to play 2, maybe 3 new games every year.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Very rarely I think the only RPG I have finished more than once is FFVII and I have finished that 10 times so far which is pretty weird, usually I lose all incentive to play an RPG after completion as the story is told and there are other games to play.

Callie

Aug 22, 2012
J-RPGs, of course. Champions was a good game too. Definitely not MMOs though, won't see me going back to runescape haha

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I do replay the good ones, but middle of the road stuff will be left behind... most probably sold or passed on.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Of course, they're the most replayable games out there for me. You can do different playstyles and characters, do different choices and set ups and all sorts. With other games, there's only ever really a single option, and I really detest linearity.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Cannot fathom how many times I've replayed Baldur's gate, same goes with Dark souls just because I love making new builds for PVP.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Rarely.

They tend to be too long, mostly because they have huge amounts of filler stuffed into every orifice.

Gameplay tends to be boring. "My numbers are bigger than yours, I win!" Rinse and repeat.

Stories are pretty garbage too. "What's that you say? There's an evil empire/ancient evil about to wreck our shit and I'm the world's only hope? Fancy that!"

I can slog my way through your average RPG once if I don't have anything better to do, but I'm not about to go back for seconds.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Depends if I enjoyed it enough, or if there are more opportunities for different characters, builds, and factions to go through.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
I love to replay JRPGs. I've replayed Final Fantasy 6, 7 10, Persona 4, Tales of Vesperia and such several times. I've also replayed Demon's Souls and Dark Souls at least 5 times, also replayed Fallout 3 at least 4 times. I really get into those sorta games and just wanna keep playing em.

Feb 22, 2009
I tend to, because the main reason I play RPGs is usually the story, and I'll often want to experience it again. Especially if it's choice-based like a Bioware game or The Witcher.

Greg White

Sep 19, 2012
Anything with a branching storyline with an interesting story is generally worth replaying just to see what else could happen.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
marche45 said:
Topic.

Personally,i find that an RPG loses its appeal if you have to sit through the story again,especially if its a long game. Maybe if it unlocks an optional dungeon or new story element,but other than that i am gone after the last boss.
I voted sometimes because it depends on a couple of things. First if the game is an actual role playing game where you can take on a persona and have your choices matter. The second thing is an absolute requirement, it has to be good as I am not going to sit through a second setting of a urine poor game. As for the first piece, it isn't required. If the game is good enough I'll give it a second go just because I enjoy it and I may want to try something different (such as class, team, weapons, ect). I do prefer the game to be what I consider a true RPG though. It really adds to the enjoyment while allowing the game to have more repeatability. Some games have gone so far out of their way to make the game change based on your actions that I've been able to play through upwards of 5 times without feeling like I'm doing the same exact thing.