Poll: Do you fear Anonymous?

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
No, even if I had done something to piss them off, all you have to do to dissuade them is say jews did WTC.

Makes them think the amount of work required vs. lulz gained isn't good enough, and they go elsewhere looking for a softer target.

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
the phrase 'don't start none won't be none' comes to mind when i think about them.

I agree with their ideals as i understand them and most of what they have done i feel either indifferent about or support(like them tracking down that cat murderer and giving the FBI their address).

I even know one in rl and hes a harmless stoner, more likely to hook you up than mess you up.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Purple Shrimp said:
bob1052 said:
Anyone who votes yes has some kind of superiority complex.

You are not that important.

(Unless you are Donald Trump or some child abuser in a very public case)
they're also delusional for thinking Anonymous can do anything bad even if it did target them
They really can.
Say you did some douchebag thing, like kicking a puppy, and someone caught it on video and posted it on the internet.
Anonymous would absolutely track you down and make your life a living hell.
When they say "We are legion", they are by no means exaggerating.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Connor Lonske said:
'Cause they don't bother anyone unless they ether
1; Restrict Free Speech.
2; Gross breakage of the internet rules.
3; They think making fun of you is good lawls.
4; They come from that one place I'm not aloud to talk about in public.
Dammit, you nailed everyone of my arguments in the first comment.

Discussion breaker. D:

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Connor Lonske said:
'Cause they don't bother anyone unless they ether
1; Restrict Free Speech.
3; They think making fun of you is good lawls.
4; They come from that one place I'm not aloud to talk about in public.
So LULZ override the freedom of speech ? Typical.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Hackers have plenty of people that disagree with them why do they need to pick on some random forum goer that thinks they need to grow the fuck up? Well for the lolz but to be honest the amount of damage they could do would be minimal for me. I mean i'm sure they could hack me into oblivion but I just don't see how they could get more hypocritical and stamp on someone else's use of the Internet and free speech. I'm protected enough that everything would be easily replaceable or has the extra insurance that I would be back on line the next day depending on whether they could fuck up a modem permanently.

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
No. I've made this point before, it's a very small minority of anonymous that performs these hacking attempts and attacks on people, the rest of the faceless entity consists purely of people who could not care less about anything, they don't care about the world, they don't care about anything that goes on and they sure as hell don't care enough about anyone here to give anyone cause for concern.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolish.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Fear Anon?

You're silly, OP. Do you like worrying? Does it make you feel important somehow?

Karthek

Feb 26, 2009
In a situation like this, there is a fine line bewtween scary, internet hacker gods and respect: I feel Anonymous can be both at the same time.

Stabby McRunfast

Oct 23, 2009
Vonnis said:
Anonymous lost their balls years ago anyway. The people who call themselves Anonymous nowadays are idiots half my age who cry at all the things the old Anonymous laughed at.
Connor Lonske said:
Sp3ratus said:
Connor Lonske said:
What are these "internet rules" of which you speak?
I would tell you, but I can't, sorry.
Please tell me you don't mean that list starting with "#1 do not talk about /b/ #2 do NOT talk about /b/". Because that would be pathetic.
I couldn't agree more. Any one who "fears" them is almost as sad as Anonymous itself.