Poll: Do you find life is positive?

Daniel Moores

Mar 27, 2011
Okay, here it is:

I was reading a post a few minutes ago and I found quite a feel people who thought that life is a wonderful thing. Now, I feel a bit differently. I just wanted to see how many people actually like life.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Life is joy, life is sorrow.

It is never one thing or the other, simplification is never helpful.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
Depends .. In some peoples lives hard work could help make things better, In others that's not the case.

My general philosophy on life is this: It's only a matter of time before you get fucked, you can do everything right but sometimes whether you like it or not... you're gonna get fucked.

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
Living in the sunlight, loving in the moonlight, having a wonderful time.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I'm one of the most positive people I know, so yes I do find life positive.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
Why the fuck would you think that life is anything other than an unequivocally good thing?

Davatehi

Dec 23, 2010
Hakuna matata! Why worry about stuff? I could die tomorrow or become rich. What happens, happen. Can't break my stride!

Also, here is a picture that will prove that life is awesome:

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
SsilverR said:
Depends .. In some peoples lives hard work could help make things better, In others that's not the case.

My general philosophy on life is this: It's only a matter of time before you get fucked, you can do everything right but sometimes whether you like it or not... you're gonna get fucked.
So life is like being in prison? ...I'll buy it.

OT: Eh, a bit of this, a bit of that. I haven't had any major complications in life, nor am I in a position to truly talk about it. I haven't seen jack shit in this world, first hand.

Though if I must...life is actually pretty negative in a whole. You're born without any actual choice in the matter, spend the first part of your life being molded, end up getting hit in the face by "reality," work hard to make a life for yourself, and if you're not killed off at some point in between, you die old and loose all the work.

Then again who cares? You have your fun and then you go away for awhile. Just live life and die. Make your life worth living and it won't really matter how it ends or what it accomplishes, right?

But what do I know? We have this awesome stuff:

and this simply makes life brilliant:

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
I adore life. How can you not? Even the very worst moments still have beauty within them. It beats simply not existing.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I'm practically a hedonist. So yeah, I pretty much love life. It's been pretty damn good to me so far.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Good stuff happens, bad stuff happens. Sometimes more of one then the others.

Life itself isn't really anything, it just is.

Whatever we think about life is inside ourselves. Not to mean that it's just a matter of choosing how we feel about life, sometimes so much bad stuff happens that there's really no option but to think life horrible.

But I've lived and worked with very impoverished people in South Africa (certainly not comparable to those starving in for example Somalia right now, but also far below what people are used to in the western world) who've had a lot of bad stuff happen to them (family members murdered and raped, growing up under apartheid etc.) but still found happiness and joy in their lives. They would have liked the luxuries we have, but they didn't think their own lives completely horrible.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Life is beautiful, blah blah blah. Others have said it more eloquently than I can at the moment.

But yes, life is a net positive. If you don't feel that way then you should consider finding something positive or getting help. If that's not an option I'm really sorry.

If you're at rock bottom at least the only way is up.

zombie goat fetish

Aug 6, 2011
Life is whatever you make it, so far I am quiet enjoying life. Even though I am very negative person at times and my friends think I am the most negative moody cynical person in existence.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
If you said no: stop feeling sorry for yourself. I can almost guarantee that there's about a billion other people who have far shittier lives than you, simply by the fact that you're on the internet right now.

If you hate your friends, or they hate you, get new ones. If you can't get new ones because you're still in school. Nut up and ignore the fuck out of them until they grow up or go away.

If you hate your low social standing, stop caring about it and focus on what really matters.

If you judge yourself by some ideal life you hold in your head, and are depressed because you can't live up to it, you have two options:

1. Get real. Change the ideal to something more achievable.
2. Work harder. Seriously. Get off the Escapist right now and go work toward achieving your dream. Go to sleep early, wake up early, work all day, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep.

If you do that, you'll achieve what you want to achieve eventually, or at least you can go out saying you tried damn hard.

If you think life is boring, you're just not interesting enough.

If you think life is pointless, you're doing it wrong.

It all depends on what you want.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Life's a ***** and then you die, But this particular ***** called Life is actually one that I actually like.
So in other words..
Life sucks, but I still love it.
Like the Blues: I'm sad, but I'm in peace with the sadness which makes me happy.