Poll: Do you follow a sandboxes story?

buchno

Dec 9, 2011
In sandbox-based games, I always tend to sidetrack at the start. If the game's storyline seems to be interesting enough to actually follow, I do so when I tire of the exploration. The most recent example being Skyrim (obviously).
Voted: Depends.

May 28, 2009
Mepends most of them have stories that I lose interest in, though I did enjoy the inFamous story lines

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
redisforever said:
So, what do you do?
Mostly just dicking around, doing nothing special, staying as far from main storyline as possible.
I mean, c'mon, sandbox games with really good storyline aren't very common.
...To be honest, beside Arcanum i can't remember single title... :)

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I usually complete the main story first, then go and do the main side quests. If there's anything left of interest, I then do that, otherwise I restart the game again or leave it alone until I feel like restarting it again.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Eventually the main story gets done. AFTER I finish any side missions, of course.

In the event that side missions CAN'T be finished (ie: they're replayable forever), then the story gets done when I get bored.

mrsuperunderpants

Mar 15, 2011
I generally just do side missions and work on the main story every now and then, I like to space it out a bit and not do it all at once, mainly because a lot of sandbox stories are pretty short.

butternut

Jul 14, 2010
As is the case with most people here, I focus on the main story in sandboxes the first I play them through.

All playthroughs after, the story becomes a backseat to side quests and general pointless dickery.

Except the Saint's Row franchise... I've played them for hours and havnt finished any of them yet (though I will probably finish 3 soon) as pointless dickery IS the name of the game in this case.