Poll: Do you have a girlfriend?

SecondmateFlint

Nov 24, 2009
Sakurazaki1023 said:
SecondmateFlint said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Foggy_Fishburne said:
Nope. Never had one. I'm 19 for the record. Let the taunting - begin!!
Same here. :/
You got me beat by about 8 months though...
Likewise...

19, Never had a girlfriend...

Although I really was never looking for one in high school...

Damn, I hate being a statistic...
Don't worry about it. I'm 19 and I've never dated (but I'm a chick, which is almost worse!). I also know other girls, who are 19, and have never dated. I keep hoping that maybe with all this bad luck and waiting, that the first relationship I get will be the right one. I'm sure the same will go for you guys too.

I just think it's funny how all of the guys at my college are complaining about how they never get girls when a lot of girls I know are single and pretty willing to go out with almost any guy who asks. It's just funny to me.
The main reason I don't date is that I prefer personality and intellect over looks, which tends to make normal dating difficult. It essentially means that I have to get to know someone fairly well before I would even consider asking them out...

It's pretty much a Catch 22 unless we are introduced through a mutual friend or we work together in school...
Whoa! Most guys are the opposite, they take the "dude she's hot, I'd do her." approach (least the guys I know...). I can definitely respect that though. I'm sure once everyone gets older and more mature, it will be easier for you to find someone. I know with me it's been easier to find guy friends I have a potential with (some of them are pretty good lookin' too, along with an awesome personality). I think it's all about maturity and people are finally starting to grow up.

It'll come, Sakurazaki, it'll come...

regallmighty

Dec 29, 2009
DONT ASK HERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! WAIT TELL YOUR BACK FROM WERE EVER YOUR GOING!!!!!!!! it sounds like a good idea to ask her, but wait untell you get back, it just works out better. (and yes i do infact have a gf)

mortalsatsuma

Nov 24, 2009
Foggy_Fishburne said:
Dw man, your not alone. i too have never had a gf, only 17 but its still pretty awkward

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
SecondmateFlint said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
SecondmateFlint said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Foggy_Fishburne said:
Likewise...

Don't worry about it. I'm 19 and I've never dated (but I'm a chick, which is almost worse!). I also know other girls, who are 19, and have never dated. I keep hoping that maybe with all this bad luck and waiting, that the first relationship I get will be the right one. I'm sure the same will go for you guys too.

I just think it's funny how all of the guys at my college are complaining about how they never get girls when a lot of girls I know are single and pretty willing to go out with almost any guy who asks. It's just funny to me.
The main reason I don't date is that I prefer personality and intellect over looks, which tends to make normal dating difficult. It essentially means that I have to get to know someone fairly well before I would even consider asking them out...

It's pretty much a Catch 22 unless we are introduced through a mutual friend or we work together in school...
Whoa! Most guys are the opposite, they take the "dude she's hot, I'd do her." approach (least the guys I know...). I can definitely respect that though. I'm sure once everyone gets older and more mature, it will be easier for you to find someone. I know with me it's been easier to find guy friends I have a potential with (some of them are pretty good lookin' too, along with an awesome personality). I think it's all about maturity and people are finally starting to grow up.

Yeah... It's no wonder that every male stereotype involves us not using the correct brain for decision making...

It's just a shame that popular culture favors the beautiful and brain-dead. But then again, many girls find arrogance attractive and I fail to understand that either...

SecondmateFlint

Nov 24, 2009
Sakurazaki1023 said:
SecondmateFlint said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
SecondmateFlint said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Foggy_Fishburne said:
Likewise...

Yeah... It's no wonder that every male stereotype involves us not using the correct brain for decision making...

It's just a shame that popular culture favors the beautiful and brain-dead. But then again, many girls find arrogance attractive and I fail to understand that either...
Too true, my friend, too true. I think it's all about image? People are concerned with being a "good looking couple." I must admit, I am too, but that won't stop me if I find someone I really like. Plus a lot of it is genetics. In the days of cavemen, the most attractive males/females probably had the best genes. It's only natural.

Either way, I don't understand finding arrogant guys attractive. They actually really annoy me.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Not at the moment. I've been thinking of asking this girl out but she has a twin so I'm worried I'll ask the wrong one out.

And I did a little while back but I've been having a girl free lull.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Had a few short Relationships , about 2-3 months before we broke up. With one of my exes i'm still very good friends, one of them is now with an old friend of mine for 3 years, and the others were never seen again.
Now i'm a little more than 1,5 years with my current gf, not a single serious fight till now and everythings just fine :)

Mimzical

Mar 28, 2010
Used to.

But then things didn't go too well. -_-' ...Ah well, first love and all that, I suppose.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
No, I do not and I proably won't for a little while longer. Their isn't really anyone that I like where I am from. The girls where I'm from are either good friends who I don't see myself dating or people who I have no interest in.

I'll find a girl for me someday. It's just not gonna be in my town.

EntropicBliss

Mar 15, 2010
I have a girlfriend.

Honestly, she's the oddest girlfriend I've ever had. I spend the least amount of time with her, that I've spent with any of my girlfriends. However, she's also the one that I think will work out the most.

Hat of Controversy

Nov 11, 2009
Foggy_Fishburne said:
Pfft... I'm 20 and I've never been anywhere NEAR relationship status with anyone! So...

I guess we're just a sad bunch... Boo hoo... Boo... hoo...

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
No, because I don't swing that way.
But the answer would still be no if the question was "Have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend?"

scoobyduped

Apr 6, 2008
Khaiseri said:
scoobyduped said:
Khaiseri said:
I'm going to ask "someone" to be my girlfriend tomorrow, just before going into vacations for two weeks.
Just a word of advice: if you're about to go on vacation for two weeks, I'd suggest waiting until you get back to ask her. Being relatively unavailable for two weeks doesn't seem like the best way to start a relationship.

OT: I've had a couple, but don't have one currently. They were both good while they lasted, but the breakups were sorta awkward, because I shared (and still share, I guess) a lot of friends with both of them

Not that I'm going to be unavailable for two weeks, I'm actually unoccupied around that time, and probably her. Not sure though.
Oh, my bad, I misinterpreted "going into vacation" as "going on vacation"....the subtle difference is very important there

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
SecondmateFlint said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
SecondmateFlint said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
SecondmateFlint said:
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Foggy_Fishburne said:
Likewise...

Too true, my friend, too true. I think it's all about image? People are concerned with being a "good looking couple." I must admit, I am too, but that won't stop me if I find someone I really like. Plus a lot of it is genetics. In the days of cavemen, the most attractive males/females probably had the best genes. It's only natural.

Either way, I don't understand finding arrogant guys attractive. They actually really annoy me.
I'm really not sure where that arrogant=attractive thing came from, but it may have something to do with making the person seem more confident. Personally, I find an arrogant personality (whether male or female) to either imply self-confidence issues or just a inflated ego. either way it's not attractive in the least...

Elhueno

Jul 29, 2008
Just got out of a relationship of almost 8 months. Was good while it lasted but jesus, now its voer im receiving texts form her cousin with threats, being called a devil and generally being slandered. but oh well... *****'s be crazy as they say