Poll: do you have any gay or lesbian friends?

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
I have quite a few gay friends actually.

As a point, what is the discussion value in this topic?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Julianking93 said:
ICanBreakTheseCuffs said:
Aby_Z said:
Well, my dad's gay... So his boyfriend kind of counts as a friend.
wait,your dad's gay?How the hell are you alive?
There is a little thing called adoption.

And another called "AI: Artificial Insemination"
Exactly. My mother is bisexual, and had me with a man 24 years ago. She divorced his abusive ass and got with my now step-mom 19 years ago. I have a little brother and sister through artificial insemination.
Ugh. Glad she got out of that. Good for her ^-^

How's that like to have a surrogate sister and brother? Or just another mum?

I don't mean that as a cut down or anything, I'm just curious.

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
My step-sister's Bi, My Mom's a Lesbian and our old roommate was Gay. I am the only guy and straight person in my house.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
A good amount. Few gay friends, mostly from college and an ex-girl friend who's now a lesbian... I also know her partner obviously.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
I know an incredible amount of gays. Myself being one of them. Yay me. [small]Trust me, it sucks[/small]

But yeah.

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
I might have some gay or lesbian friends, but all of my friends are single so I can't tell. Most of the people I know are loners and in the special class room so that kind of explains things. I wouldn't care if they told me, I would still think of them the same way.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
yeah my best friend through high school is lesbian and my closest cousin is a man whore...

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
If I do I don't know about it. I've never asked and it's never come up.

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
Easy Street said:
Aby_Z said:
I know a lot of gay guys with kids. Some remain in their marriage because they honestly love their family life, but they have lovers on the outside. Some have families then get divorced when they realise they are gay.

But, to the original question: I am gay, and I know TONS of gay people. I'm guessing this is the first one you've met or that you know of? He's no different than you, he just likes guys rather than girls. If you met him, you'd probably see that he's pretty cool and not the freak that some people might make him out to be.

He hit on someone twice? Don't you know friends that have done the same? Haven't you hit on girls?
I mean't Thrice not twice.and also in 2 days

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Aby_Z said:
Aby_Z said:
Because he didn't come out until after being married. For [I don't forget how time works] years.
Whenever I got asked that, I wonder how people can completely miss the obvious. It's the main reason I don't tell people about my dad.

Edit: One of my close friends is gay also.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
sheic99 said:
Aby_Z said:
Aby_Z said:
Because he didn't come out until after being married. For [I don't forget how time works] years.
Whenever I got asked that, I wonder how people can completely miss the obvious. It's the main reason I don't tell people about my dad.
People don't tend to follow up that far, actually. It's far too awkward to continue a conversation much further than that, it seems.