Poll: Do you know your IQ? What is it?

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
DolpinWacker64 said:
2. Many of my ideas and views are overlooked due to my age(18 this april) the scientific community is lined in old traditions that prevent anyone of this day and age to do anything notable anymore.
Ah yes, "Scientists just won't listen." the pseudo-intellectuals's final argument explaining how they're still right despite the entirety of the people who actually understand the subject disagreeing.

Edit:
But anyway, assuming your claim of 210 IQ, and your revolutionary scientific ideas, are true, then could you help me with this:
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~kch/demos/quantc7/fqt09q3.pdf
I was my work I had to hand in last week and I messed it up.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Mines about 125-126.

On the crappy Internet tests however it usually ranges between 135 and 150, but who trusts them pieces of crap?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Abedeus said:
Dyslexia is a poor excuse for not studying.

Every single person that made a mistake and then proclaimed "I HAVE DYSLEXIA!!!" was just too lazy to study or try to learn grammar.
I had one of the best scores for english in my school for alot of my life, and yes I AM dyslexic, I can even recognize exactly what it is I do when it happens. It's real and people do have either minor or major trouble with various forms of it, hell I'm sure if I wasn't so self concious about my writing I'd have left out letters on a great deal of my words here. Because that's what happens, I blank out and read what I'm trying to say too quickly in my mind and skip over certain letters that I intended to write in favor of the next word.

Alas, I still studied hard, and attained acceptable grades, if it wasn't for this irritating little hiccup in my skills I'd like to be a writer, but It fustrates me too much, so I'm continuing my pursuit in art. Please however, don't yap on about things you've never experienced.

On the flip side of that coin YES I am aware there are shittards who pose being Dyslexic to allow for freebees in their work, and frankly they can go suck a serious hard one. I never had to resort to that even with a LEGITIMATE excuse. There are worse forms Dyslexia, my best friend's sister couldn't read until the age of 9 because of it... Now she's a Lawyer. Yeah. How bout that.

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Jimmyjames said:
Anyone claiming above 132 should be a doctoral candidate based on their score.
Not true.
Mine was 137 two years ago and I'm still stuck in college cause I'm so fucking lazy (it certainly didn't help that I never had to learn during school)

R4GNOR0K

Feb 14, 2009
Abedeus said:
R4GNOR0K said:
this is a score i got when is was about 7 and it was 118
Sorry, but judging by your nick, your IQ is in fact a bit... lower. Only a tiny bit.

The common fly would envy you, though!
thank you that was the nicest thing ever said to me

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
Specter_ said:
Jimmyjames said:
Not true.
Mine was 137 two years ago and I'm still stuck in college cause I'm so fucking lazy (it certainly didn't help that I never had to learn during school)
Let me rephrase that. Laziness not withstanding, you should be CAPABLE of doctoral-level collegiate performance.

Grenbyron

Dec 31, 2008
Jimmyjames said:
You DO all realize (for anyone claiming above a 125 IQ) that those B.S. internet quizzes do NOT accurately assess your IQ, right? Anyone claiming above 132 should be a doctoral candidate based on their score.
I would also like to point out that just because you score high does not cause the testers to just hand you a certification. They still want their 100k+. Smart does not always equal money.

The Lyre

Jul 2, 2008
What the OP should have done, is put up a reliable, certified test, that every poster would then take before posting.

I can say that I usually score high, within the 'above average' category. The school I went to had an entrance exam that took the top 5% intelligence for the age group in the country, but I couldn't say how inteligent I am now.

That said, the grammar school I went to had some truly stupid people, so the top 5% probably doesn't mean much for England.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Wooo! E-penis extension!

When I was 9 it was 120-something, but I feel I've slowed down as I've aged.

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Jimmyjames said:
Specter_ said:
Jimmyjames said:
Not true.
Let me rephrase that. Laziness not withstanding, you should be CAPABLE of doctoral-level collegiate performance.
Now it's ok ;)

Railu

Aug 7, 2008
AfricanSwallow said:
I've scored a 164 on the Stanford Binet.

But I've also scored a 119 on it at a later date. (I got smashed on the numeric reasoning - off day... blah)

I would suggest (as would many researchers, who strongly question the accuracy and reliability of intelligence quotient tests), that results can vary significantly based on a wide range of psychological and environmental factors for one person.

Perhaps the most condemning thing about IQ tests is that they were never intended as a measurement of intelligence. They were intended to identify 'problem areas', and then a scoring system was later created for them.
Nail on the head. I've never liked the tests either and I especially hate people bragging about them because the results can vary wildly. My differential was not that exaggerated but it's still about 20 points. So many things can affect your testing performance: health, psychological factors, sleep deprivation, stress, nutrition. Your score can go from above average to genius if all your stars line up or the other way around if you don't.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I don't know... I have other things to worry about than how clever I am...

But I did brain training once and I got brain age 21, which is 1 off 20 which is the best score possible (it ranges from 20 to 80).

prefectimo

Feb 4, 2009
I have never done a real IQ test like most people in this thread and if I were to post a number all you can do is take my word for it. It does matter what number is shown at the end of an IQ test it is what you do with your intelligence that matters.

The only acedemic tests I have done are the ones where some students were selected from my class in primary school. This happened 3 times a year for me from grade 5 - 7. I was entered into the Science, Maths and Literature tests. I would take my results from those tests and post them but they are still just numbers on a screen and that is in no way showing how I have applied my knowledge. So just remember it is not the test that matters but what you are testing and how you use it.

The Cherman

Dec 3, 2008
I doubt very many of you have taken actual IQ tests (e.g., Wechsler, Stanford-Binet), which take about 1.5-2 hours to complete and must be administered by a mental health professional (e.g., licensed psychologist). Those of you who have were most likely involved in evaluations related to academic problems in school, forensic involvement, or mental health treatments. It's doubtful that you or your parents shelled out a couple thousand dollars just to do an evaluation for the hell of it.

Regarding the scores, the mean is 100, standard deviation is 15 (the most recent Stanford-Binet has adopted this standard as well). Someone claiming to have an IQ of 170 (impossible on the Wechsler scale, which is the most commonly used), would be one of the two smartest people in a group of one million.

Danny Smooth

Nov 10, 2005
Maybe I've grown up cynical, but I really think these IQ tests are a huge sham, just like the SATs. There are far too many variables with individuals and presentation.

That being said, I've participated in 2 Stanford-Binet IQ tests while at university and having dug up my reports, I scored 114 and 119. The mean on this kind of test is 100 with a standard deviation(SD) of 16. Approx: 70% of people lie within +/-1 SD from the mean; 95% lie within +/-2 SD; 98% within +/-3 SD. The last two percent are the anomalies.

I'm glad to be part of the norm.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Vlane said:
megapenguinx said:
and that was in second grade. I think it should have increased by now, considering I've never done anything to damage my brain (although I did visit 4chan a few times). I was a member of MENSA, but I didn't want to pay the member fee's so I dropped out.

EDIT: Hmm, bad memory. I think it was either 164 or 174. I just remember it was about 150.
Your IQ drops if you get older. You should know that if you are that smart.
Actually the drop off rate begins around mid 20's.