Poll: Do you like yourself?

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
Roaming these pages, I see a lot of people beat themselves up about a great number of things.
"I'm weird. I don't have a girlfriend and most likely never will", etc.

Do we, hardcore gamers (I assume 90% of people here are), have such low self-esteem or are we ok?

Ricotez

Jan 17, 2010
I'm pretty content with myself (could've been worse), and no forum trolls have ever managed to change that.

Dec 14, 2009
Why not? I have a great girlfriend, I'm living the university lifestyle and I have Mass Effect2, all's right with the world.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I am one of those "I don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend and most likely never will" people. And you know what? I'm absolutely fine with that. I don't give a damn what people think what I look like. I'm fine with being an ugly ************. :)

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Meh. I don't really feel one way or another about myself most of the time.
Apathy is a decent thing, you know.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
NicolasMarinus said:
Roaming these pages, I see a lot of people beat themselves up about a great number of things.
People just like complaining. Espically on the internet

And to answer your question, I'm a pretty awesome guy so yes I do like what I see in the mirror :)

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I don't hate this me.
I only hate the other me, the artificial construct that is ruining my life.
Low self-esteem? Probably, but what does it matter.

EDIT: To be precise, I like this personality/existence me, not the physical shell I occupy currently.
I don't like it, don't hate it. It is just a tool to be used and thrown aside.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I am perfectly content with myself and if i saw a clone of myself walking in the street i would shout compliments in his direction I love me.

But not to the point of being like Narcissus and/or doing this...

Pills_Here

Dec 10, 2009
While I'm not particularly satisfied with who I am at any given moment, I'm a pretty awesome person and I'm absolutely full of myself so I guess my answer would have to be 'yes'. Despite being more or less socially inept I have enough marketable skills to be not completely useless and I have enough close friends that I don't have any real desire for more.

Still, I ***** and complain and self-deprecate all the time so I suppose I'm going with 'sometimes'.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
NicolasMarinus said:

Do we, hardcore gamers (I assume 90% of people here are), have such low self-esteem or are we ok?
don't use the word "hardcore gamer" on this site please...

OT: I guess I feel fine about myself, but theres always rooms to improve though (relationships, hobbies exc exc)

Nex-Falx

Dec 24, 2009
I recently came under the line of thought "I am almost certainly Manic-Depressive."

... So it varies I suppose...

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
War Penguin said:
I am one of those "I don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend and most likely never will" people. And you know what? I'm absolutely fine with that. I don't give a damn what people think what I look like. I'm fine with being an ugly ************. :)

that's the spirit!

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
I'm freak from the bizarro dimensions and proud of it, I have a damn sight more fun than alot of other folks I know.
Though I do have the occasional utter bell-end moment....