TehCookie said:
AnarchistFish said:
TehCookie said:
AnarchistFish said:
TehCookie said:
I don't mind rapping, but I hate rap.
huh??
they're exactly the same thing..
Is a person rapping over a rock music rap or rock?
Both. Rap rock is a hybrid genre. And it's not one which is done well that often. But rapping isn't particularly a genre in itself. It's like calling screaming a genre.
So you realize rapping and the genre rap aren't the same thing?
They are. Rap isn't a genre in itself and if you're talking about rap it's just music with rapping in it. Hip hop is a genre. But hip hop doesn't need rapping to be hip hop.
Hip hop doesn't need rapping to be hip hop, which is why people say rap to referring to rapping hip hop, which is a more specific genre. Which is why people specify when it's not hip hop, as you shown above with rap rock.
Rap rock is a hybrid genre of hip hop and rock.

I'm still unsure what you think the difference is between rapping and rap.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Katatori-kun said:
Yeah you don't notice it because it's subconscious, I was making examples. Those might not even be the reason you like it more. But it is simply you brain changed not you got an more optimistic look on life and rap is more optimistic. And even if it was (I don't know about that you ever heard an AC/DC song 90% of them are about having fun) this would be a case where you assume correlation equals causation. You and your friend both moved out of your small town and became more optimistic, at the same time you both stated liking rap more. You are searching for links where none necessarily existent's. If this was a common trend you might have a point, but it's not. Your sample size is two, I'm not even sure a reasonable hypothesis can be based on that small of a sample.

Also I don't really need to "defensively re-interpret it" you entire point is condescending. If you didn't notice that, hay your entire point is condescending. The attributes you where paining Rock with had generally negative connotations attached to them. On the flip side the attributes you where painting rap with had generally positive connotations behind them. You literally never stated superiority, but your entire point relies on one being superior in some respects. I mean I don't know anyone who would apply positive feelings to pessimism, and a negative feelings to optimism.

RhombusHatesYou said:
It's hard to find a comeback to that. I mean it's a Straw man so I don't need to. I just need to reiterate what I already said. Most people who have said that they don't like it have said just that, that they don't like it.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
AnarchistFish said:
TehCookie said:
AnarchistFish said:
TehCookie said:
AnarchistFish said:
TehCookie said:
AnarchistFish said:
TehCookie said:
I don't mind rapping, but I hate rap.
huh??
they're exactly the same thing..
Is a person rapping over a rock music rap or rock?
Both. Rap rock is a hybrid genre. And it's not one which is done well that often. But rapping isn't particularly a genre in itself. It's like calling screaming a genre.
So you realize rapping and the genre rap aren't the same thing?
They are. Rap isn't a genre in itself and if you're talking about rap it's just music with rapping in it. Hip hop is a genre. But hip hop doesn't need rapping to be hip hop.
Hip hop doesn't need rapping to be hip hop, which is why people say rap to referring to rapping hip hop, which is a more specific genre. Which is why people specify when it's not hip hop, as you shown above with rap rock.
Rap rock is a hybrid genre of hip hop and rock.

I'm still unsure what you think the difference is between rapping and rap.
Then you are extremely dense and I can't help you.

Garyn Dakari

Nov 12, 2011
Nope...I really don't like rap. Although, I don't hate it as much as I used to(I can tolerate it if someone else starts listening to it nearby, or if it's in a movie).

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
yes.
There is something wrong if you can't find a rap song you like.
Or a country song,
or a metal song.

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
mitchell271 said:
I don't listen to rap. The closest I get to it is Epic Rap Battle of History and one FantomenK song. I'm primarily a metalhead, but I also listen to electric, jazz, swing, classic rock and classical.
I am a massive rap fan but even I have to bow to this sort of metal no of that screaming shit though that's just garbage.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Dangit2019 said:
Nouw said:
Most recently I've been hooked onto Power by Kanye West, beautiful song
Just listen to the album. Seriously, I don't care how much of a douchebag he is, or all the sampling he does, my advice to you is to listen to the rest of My Beautiful Twisted Dark Fantasy. You won't regret it.
I certainly do not. My favourite song so far is Runaway.