Poll: Do you LOVE the taste of beer?

maskedklaus

Nov 21, 2007
Wow, I feel bad for voting, now, because I just changed it to "For: 118 Against: 117" and I for "for", which means that just before I voted it was a perfect 50/50 after 134 votes! That is awesome! I love patterns and symmetry, yet I am their bane...

Also, if you haven't had Surly -- brewed up here in Minnesota -- then you haven't had truly amazing beer. It changed my life...into a more alcoholic life.

Alex The Rat

Jan 8, 2010
primitivescrewhead said:
Oh I love beer, but generally I am more of an ale man, favourite alcoholic beverage by far is a nice pint of perfectly poured Guiness
This, sir, made me quite unhappy that I don't live in Ireland or any part of the British Isles. Guinness on tap is difficult to find in North America... so much so that I've only had one well-poured pint in my 21 years on this earth (it also doesn't help that I've only been able to legally order a pint of beer for about 9 months of that time).

OP: I do love the taste of beer, but it has to be a GOOD beer! There are some which I find abhorrent, and others which I am simply indifferent towards but will drink if offered.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
All the beer I've ever had has tasted like watered-down vomit, the only exception being Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat which tasted like watered-down vomit and cherry Coke.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
I don't know what it tastes like - what any alcohol tastes like, for that matter. I smelled at a glass of beer once, and almost threw up, though.

Alex The Rat

Jan 8, 2010
WastedHero said:
I'm going to forgive the half of you that voted "No" as most of you guys have probably never had access to quality craft beer like we have in the Pacific Northwest.
Can you recommend me some!? I'm returning there (Eastern WA) in about a month and I wouldn't mind a bit of direction in my quest of beer discovery.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I don't drink at all, so my vote goes on, "no." However, even I know that it depends on the beer. While I don't drink, I have sampled a little from time to time, some is definitely more flavorful than others. My advice - steer clear of the mainstream American swill (e.g. Budweiser) - if you can find it being sold by the can or bottle at the local supermarket, then that stuff isn't intended to taste good, it's intended to get you buzzed on the cheap. Take yourself down to a good microbrewery, like at an authentic German restaurant, and order yourself a beer sampler. I betcha you'll find at least one of those beers quite flavorful.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I'd be a terrible teuton if I wouldn't. But of course, not all beers were created equal; if all you want to do is get drunk but can't handle straight up vodka (and you really shouldn't drink if you can't), by all means down a few cans of Miller/Bud/Coors. However, if you want to enjoy a nice evening, go for the imports. I have yet to find a North American beer that can measure up to the imports.
Oh, and my favourite that I can get here would be Weihenstephan Hefe-Weizen. Hmm...

Sir Bob

Jan 14, 2010
No, there are better drinks than beer, both non-alcoholic and alcoholic, although nothing beats an ice cold beer in the sun @ summer.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
beer is ok. GOOD beer is better. Scotch and Whiskey are better still (especially in mixers). aside from that, beer never settles well with me, so I'm naturally averse to it. hard liquor has always been much better in taste, aftertaste, and finish, in my opinion.

dillirgaf

Dec 29, 2008
light beer is terrible. if you want a good beer get something heavier, Sam Adams is always a good choice imo

Skarvig

Jul 13, 2009
I do love the taste of beer. But I also live in Germany and your beer tastes like dishwater to us, so it's not a fair competition.

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
I do not like the taste of beer. I like to drink things that taste good to me like coconut rum, smirnoff, and sake.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
GRoXERs said:
You LIKE Corona?

Jesus. It tastes like gym socks, because it's all skunked because they put it in those retarded clear bottles. To each his own, I suppose...
If it really tasted like gym socks I wouldn't be drinking it, would I? Anyway, I'm sure you didn't say that with the intention to offend me.

Neonic-Ink

May 9, 2009
I love beer, but I am not a fan of the darker beers.

I do like the harder stuff better though. XD

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
thethingthatlurks said:
I'd be a terrible teuton if I wouldn't. But of course, not all beers were created equal; if all you want to do is get drunk but can't handle straight up vodka (and you really shouldn't drink if you can't), by all means down a few cans of Miller/Bud/Coors. However, if you want to enjoy a nice evening, go for the imports. I have yet to find a North American beer that can measure up to the imports.
Oh, and my favourite that I can get here would be Weihenstephan Hefe-Weizen. Hmm...
*ahem* Samuel Adams. winners of multiple international beer-tasting competitions (in Germany no less.) then again, they are more of a lager (if you make that distinction) and everybody's tastes are personal so I don't fault you for not liking it. (also, Coors is from Canada, Bud is from England. lol.) best American "beer" ever though... Loaded Landshark. (it's a flavorful but otherwise ordinary beer with a splash of lime and shot of tequilla in it. awesome.)

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
A good beer is unbeatable on tase and drinkability. period. my 3 favorites are as follows, killian's irish red, bass, and of course, GUINESS. Also, leinenkugel's is a delicious treat.