Poll: Do you miss high school(or college)?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Ah yes.....I rember those days fondly, truly my life has gone downhill dince then *snnnnrrrrrrk*

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Xarathox said:
Fuck no. What kind of question is this?

Once you're out in the world and have a job, no matter if it's working in an office or a goddamn chair factory, the social dynamic that made up high school is always there. You will never escape it.
what a cynical defeatest attitude

I disagree...adults are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY lss rearded than teenagers, oh sure idiots exist but really abitraity bullshit is way less, no one gives a shit if you play videogames or dont like partys

[quote/]So, if you're still in high school now, you get to look forward to the same bullshit for the rest of your life.[/quote] if your in highschool now dont listen to him...seriously

oh and anyone who says "its the best time of your life!" needs to be taken out back and shot...who thinks its a good Idea to say that to teenagers? thats the reason theyre depressed, your essentially saying "its all downhill from here so really killing yourself now might be an option" highschool is barley any different to prison

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
guess it's different in OZ since we don't have the stereotypical american jock's pounding nerds thing but in my school the cool kids were in the chess club. played basketball and had really high grades (i was one) the only time anyone got picked on or teased was if a local gang member didn't get paid for their drugs
i would love the chance to do it all again

Oct 2, 2012
Chemical Alia said:
My life may have been simpler in some ways when I was in high school, but I really don't miss those days. I had only one friend, no social life in school or outside of it. I hated the band, hated my classes, and was shy and afraid of everyone around me after years of being picked on, urgh. College was a little better, but the only thing that I prefer about my life then over now is that I didn't have to live in Texas and I wasn't so far from my family.

I really missed out on the opportunity to have those be my best years, so I prefer to focus on making my future better. Sure, I have some very fond memories, but it's really not something I would like to re-live. Oh yeah, and I'm 30.
Well you don't look so good for a 30 year old. Kind of white haired and wrinkly. Unless that person in your avatar isn't you of course.

OT: I'm young so I may not qualify but I don't miss highschool. Being taught boring crap, lies, really stupid students, powerless and sue scared staff, etc.

I much prefer working and going to college now. In one I make money and in the other I learn useful and interesting crap and only some of it is lies!

And I have about the same amount of free time now that I did in highschool so I'm pretty content.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Beffudled Sheep said:
Chemical Alia said:
My life may have been simpler in some ways when I was in high school, but I really don't miss those days. I had only one friend, no social life in school or outside of it. I hated the band, hated my classes, and was shy and afraid of everyone around me after years of being picked on, urgh. College was a little better, but the only thing that I prefer about my life then over now is that I didn't have to live in Texas and I wasn't so far from my family.

I really missed out on the opportunity to have those be my best years, so I prefer to focus on making my future better. Sure, I have some very fond memories, but it's really not something I would like to re-live. Oh yeah, and I'm 30.
Well you don't look so good for a 30 year old. Kind of white haired and wrinkly. Unless that person in your avatar isn't you of course.

OT: I'm young so I may not qualify but I don't miss highschool. Being taught boring crap, lies, really stupid students, powerless and sue scared staff, etc.

I much prefer working and going to college now. In one I make money and in the other I learn useful and interesting crap and only some of it is lies!

And I have about the same amount of free time now that I did in highschool so I'm pretty content.
I'd say that's my spirit animal, but all my friends know that's Marcus Fenix. But yeah, having the flow of money going in the opposite direction is always nice after so many years of school v:

Oct 2, 2012
Chemical Alia said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
Chemical Alia said:

I'd say that's my spirit animal, but all my friends know that's Marcus Fenix. But yeah, having the flow of money going in the opposite direction is always nice after so many years of school v:
Even if it's going straight out of it having money in your pocket for just a moment is pretty awesome after all that time of having none right?

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I don't miss a damn thing about high school but I would go back to college in a heartbeat. Definitely the best times of my life thus far.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Overall I'd say no to both. I loved high school for the times I had with friends and lack of stress (bills/work).

College... wasn't that special to be honest. I just kind of went to class and came home since the school is only 15 miles from my house. Most of my friends were the ones from highschool or online so I never really bothered with my college social life.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
I'm 21 but do really miss high school

It was a very fun time for me cuz lots of cool bros and there was some decent girls to hang out with.

Now all my friends went to different places and lost contact with them :(

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
I start Uni in about two weeks at time of writing. So while I can't really feel qualified to comment on whether or not I miss High school, let me just say this:

High school is horrific. It's still fresh in my memory, so I can say that with confidence.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
In College now... So... Not really. And no to high school. I don't have any sort of issue with that time period as many seem to, it was great.. But, I'm 25 now, and it's just become such a minor timespan in my life that it doesn't really hold a place in my mind anymore.

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
I miss the studying in high school more than I miss high school itself. To be honest, I would actually return to high school if I was able to and I would've been a much better student than I originally was. I didnt care about studying back then, actually, I went to school mostly because I was forced to, and didnt realize the opportunities I had back then. Obviously, returning to high school is an impossible thing for a person at my current age. I dont think thats something for me to be disappointed about, as I can now work and make money and perhaps live independently at some point. Back when I was in high school, I had no idea what its like and I was dependent on my parents to take care of things for me.

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
Only because still being in school would validate my life right now. My life essentially living in my Dads basement and working a crappy job slinging coffee with a bunch of co-workers who actually are in highschool and Uni.

I'm trying to pay for that fancy piece of paper hanging on my wall and can't find a job in my field.... I'm all depressed now.

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
I'm currently at university. I certainly miss certain parts of high school. You get a lot more freedom in college, but also a lot more responsibility. If you fail it's no one's fault but your own. Overall I'd say I prefer university more because I was ready for that responsibility, but I could easily see how someone could prefer high school over university if they weren't prepared for that.

SideSmash

May 24, 2011
Since I watched Perks of Being a Wallflower less than 24 hours ago, right now I'd say yes. That will probably change as time goes on.