Poll: Do you need a life? (Don't kill me)

Wackymon

Jul 22, 2011
Okay, so, this is not a question that I asked. It is a question my brother asked. You see, I showed him a thread, and he replied, "How many people here have a life?" my response was, "The majority."
His response?
"Wrong! It would be around 25%."
Now, I wish to disprove him. Make him eat his words.
So, tell me, do you need a life?

Edit: You as an individual?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I don't really understand the poll. Is it asking me whether I as an individual need a life, or whether someone needs a life to be a complete well-rounded person?

Edit: Very well, my answer to the poll is "no". I attend university, have a number of close friends, play the trumpet, do weekly voluntary work, play video games, keep up-to-date with world affairs, hope to work in America this summer... oh yeah and I post on the Escapist too ;-) If that isn't a life then I don't know what is.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
I always thought "get a life" was said by pathetic people who need to feel better or more accomplished than others just to validate themselves. Apparently simply because what makes them content with their life is different it is "better" than other peoples. I imagine it gives the person in question a smug sense of superiority as they think "I have a life" and sneer at those who they randomly percieve to be living "false" lives because they find happyness in the "wrong" things. These people irk me.

I dont need a life. I have one. I enjoy games, I enjoy this forum, I enjoy my girlfriend and I enjoy my hobbies. A life is whatever you make of it. Who can jugde what constitutes a "life" as long as youre happy?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Wow this is confusing . Okay so the question is Do i need a life and NOT do i have a life .

Sorry man but i'm going to have to side with your bro , i need one , badly . I mean all i do is work , play video games and spend time with my gf . Our life is pretty run of the mill , and pretty boring . So yes i need a life.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
I'm married, and I have a mortgage, a car and a job. If that's a "life" I suppose I have one.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I have a life and would like to get rid of it so I can go back to having fun playing videogames and lurking on the net. What I don't understand is why people see the need to tell me what I enjoy is wrong.

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
TehCookie said:
I have a life and would like to get rid of it so I can go back to having fun playing videogames and lurking on the net. What I don't understand is why people see the need to tell me what I enjoy is wrong.
wow you hit the nail directly into the forehead.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
I would like to lose components of my life that consist of working for little money, zero work satisfaction, that keeps me away from my two and seven year old sons, that robs me of peace of mind, and raises my blood pressure daily, also my husband and I can have no fun outside of our apartment...So if this is life, I'd rather be a bum.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well yes, yes I do.
But do not worry I am working on changing that, in fact yesterday I went to a party and I actually flirted with some girls, because my friend was mocking me because despite me being the best looking of my group of friends I am the most socially inept, so I decided to try to prove him wrong and I only ended up proving him right...
Well one of the girls I knew from high school and she always was very flirty with me and tried to kiss me more than once, so of course she's an easy target I thought! SO I approach her and tell her, "Do you still want that kiss?" and she starts giggling so I'm thinking that I'm doing it right but then she just gives me the good old fist in the shoulder to indicate how funny I am and then she proceeds to tell me, "You always crack me up, and hey I want you to meet someone" and then she introduced me to her girlfriend.

So I believe I kinda failed there.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
wackymon said:
Okay, so, this is not a question that I asked. It is a question my brother asked. You see, I showed him a thread, and he replied, "How many people here have a life?" my response was, "The majority."
His response?
"Wrong! It would be around 25%."
Now, I wish to disprove him. Make him eat his words.
So, tell me, do you need a life?

Edit: You as an individual?
you need to turn around and ask

"what IS a life" otherwise none of us can answer that question

[sub/] what thread was it...not one of mine right?? hahha.........ha [/sub]

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
feeback06 said:
TehCookie said:
wow you hit the nail directly into the forehead.

Your post just started this looping in my head! Now I spread it to you!

On topic though, I'm honestly not sure what the OP is asking in the poll. The way he words the poll indicates one thing, but his post indicates another, so I'm going to refrain from answering for now, or at least answering the poll.

Do I have a life though? Yes. Between university, friends, and parties is where I normally squeeze my gaming in so I figure that's got to be my indicator. I do still tend to stay up late and play games though, but I figure that'll die down a bit in the coming couple weeks as we get further from the end of break and deeper into the start of the semester.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Living is my key purpose in life, that and producing genetic offspring. That is how I will succeed and how anyone can succeed at life, so yes i need a life?
My DNA forces me to need life

Bubba Doongai

Sep 3, 2011
Telling someone to get a life is just a person's way of saying 'Be more like me.' Fuck those people. Also, I find anyone who has to justify that they do have a life to be pathetic. I couldn't give a shit whether you have friends, a spouse, a girl/boyfriend. If you're happy then why should any of that matter?

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Life is what you make of it, so, IMO everyone has a life. What makes one person successful and "happy"* does not make another the same.

If what you love doing is hanging out on the internet, then, do it because it makes you happy. Call it your life.

*happy is a relative term used here because I couldn't think of a more relative or broad term.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Yes and no. I don't need a life. It's not like I'll die without one. I have friendships with a lot of people online, and can get most of my social interaction that way. And yes, I do think that online friendships are actual friendships.

But I do admit I need to spend more time with my RL friends and make more. The main problem is the fact I live in the middle of nowhere, and everyone I know lives 30 minutes away. It's expensive to drive and visit them and I can't afford it.