Poll: Do you own a bath(tub) and do you use it?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I do own a bathtub/shower combo unit, but I almost exclusively just have showers. I think I might have only used the bathtub once in about 5 or 6 years.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
I've never had a walk-in shower, but I've also never actually filled the tub to have a proper bath.

So, I have a tub, but I always shower with it. I kinda view a walk-in shower as a wealth thing.

Though, like someone else does on page 1, I too, sit on the floor of the tub with the hot water cranked.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
We have a bathtub in the house, but it's generally for our daughters use because she's far too little to take a shower. We live in California, so we save her rinse water and put it on the plants we want to try and keep alive. We are mostly shower people.

As for the use of a bucket, I will do that occasionally. I will use a bucket filled with hot water and a pitcher, while sitting on a plastic stool in the shower. I personally find it pretty relaxing - more relaxing than a bath.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Well, well... that was not what I was expecting. I was expecting more people using the bath tub. But most of you actually just use the shower, even when you have a bath tub... Interesting.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Got a corner tub and separate shower in the bathroom. Corner tub seems to be used more after a long day or stressful time. Shower is by far the most commonly used due to ease of access.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I do have a bathtub and I use it on occasion to have a nice long soak to help me relax and destress.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
archiebawled said:
The bath is where I get most of my reading done - I get out looking like a giant prune :)
This is exactly what I was going to say.

But I also use baths to relax the muscles in my back. Or when I need to soak my knee or something in epsom salts. Or when I want to romance myself which usually involves a bath and a book. And sometimes a candle depending on my mood. I'm 50/50 on my bath/shower usage since it's a tub with a shower head........

SexyGarfield

Mar 12, 2013
I would use mine but even when I had a claw foot tub I could not stretch my legs out all the way which kinda ruins the whole thing for me. It ain't all roses being over six feet.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
TakerFoxx said:
You can't take a book into the shower.
Two things:

1. Wet book. (indicating that it is indeed physically possible albeit not practical)
2. Waterproof e-reader. (indicating that it is physically possible and functionally practical while not financially practical)

EDIT: Apparently you just need a waterproof pouch for a non-waterproof e-reader:

http://www.amazon.com/Decrescent-Universal-Waterproof-Protective-Paperwhite/dp/B008PR3Z9I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415820217&sr=8-3&keywords=waterproof+e-reader

Aerevolt

Jan 11, 2011
I have a bathtub. I use it 2-3 times a year. I soak with Epsom salt to ease my joint pain. I don't feel clean when I take a bath, so I stand up, drain the tub, and take a quick shower. That's probably just me.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Lightknight said:
TakerFoxx said:
Two things:

1. Wet book. (indicating that it is indeed physically possible albeit not practical)
2. Waterproof e-reader. (indicating that it is physically possible and functionally practical while not financially practical)

EDIT: Apparently you just need a waterproof pouch for a non-waterproof e-reader:

http://www.amazon.com/Decrescent-Universal-Waterproof-Protective-Paperwhite/dp/B008PR3Z9I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415820217&sr=8-3&keywords=waterproof+e-reader
Touche. Allow me to rephrase:

You can't grab any ol' book off the shelf and then soak in your own private jacuzzi at the end of a hard day (bubbles optional) with a cold beverage at hand while enjoying your favorite story and expect to walk away with your book reasonably intact if you decide to take a shower. :p

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
TakerFoxx said:
Lightknight said:
TakerFoxx said:
Two things:

Touche. Allow me to rephrase:

You can't grab any ol' book off the shelf and then soak in your own private jacuzzi at the end of a hard day (bubbles optional) with a cold beverage at hand while enjoying your favorite story and expect to walk away with your book reasonably intact if you decide to take a shower. :p
I'm not going to lie, as an adult I recently found the joy of sitting in a hot bath with a cold beer. Mmmmm.... that's the life. Before we didn't really have that much space for me to fully enjoy it but corner tubs are a fair bit deeper and wider.

So, original joking aside I totally agree. But I value physical books too much to endanger them around water. I'm actually more of a fan of audiobooks with said electronics a decent distance away. Showers make that difficult to enjoy too.

Oct 2, 2012
I have a bathtub/shower thing but I never use the tub part.
I'm 6'5" and I think my bathtub was designed with short people in mind cuz I can't fit in the damn thing.

So no baths for me.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Beffudled Sheep said:
I have a bathtub/shower thing but I never use the tub part.
I'm 6'5" and I think my bathtub was designed with short people in mind cuz I can't fit in the damn thing.

So no baths for me.
To be fair, before I got a bathroom with a corner tub I was too tall to enjoy tubs either. I'm an average 5'9". So I can't imagine how crappy it'd be with another half foot.