Poll: Do you own or know someone that owns a 3DS

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
So it's been a while that the 3DS has been released , and i just noticed , i don't know anyone that owns one and i don't own one myself. I take public transport everyday going to work ( about 2 hours every day on bus/train/subway) and i don't even see people on public transport playing on a 3DS,which leads me to believe that few people ( outside of japan im guessing) actually bought a 3DS.

Me and my (gamer )friends all own DS and PSP , but none of us have a 3DS, my friends all say that knowing nintendo , they are going to wait for a 3DS lite or something to come out before they buy it , also the games out for 3DS are quite pathetic.

So my question is :

Do you own or know someone that owns a 3DS?

a)If you do , what do you think about it? was it worth buying? why or why not

b)If you don't , do you plan on buying one? why or why not?

pulse2

May 10, 2008
Have a friend who has one, little does she know its far cheaper now then when she bought it, but then again, she likes anyting with touch. For me on the other hand, no thanks, I'd rather wait for PS Vita :D

XxSummonerxX

May 17, 2009
My friend owns one, and he likes it. I played it, and my eyes melted, then exploded, then turned into PURE FIRE!

I'm not really that interested in it.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Nope. Everyone I know either sticks with their DS or uses something else (usually their phone) as a portable gaming platform.

I don't plan on getting one, because I only want two of the games. If Majora's Mask comes out on the 3DS, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
I know...2 people.

It's actually a pretty funny thing, placing a card somewhere and just gaming of that.
I got to make a dragon appear out of my girlfriends stomach.
That should be enough reason to buy it ^^

FYI I don't have one.

Carbon Monoxide

Feb 27, 2011
I own a 3DS, and I'm the only one I know with one. I think it's awesome, though! I can understand wanting to wait for the price drop/updated version/more games, I was originally going to do that but I changed my mind when I saw that my local game shop was doing a special offer if you trade in a DSi. Also, I don't get any headaches or eye strain when using it, even after several hours with full 3D on. So yeah, I'm glad I purchaced one. :33

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
I don't own a 3DS, but it looks cool-ish. And I'm a little afraid Nintendo will only see how the 3DS is in 3D and forget about the original DS.

Dec 27, 2010
I think the problem is, because Nintendo frequently update their portable consoles, a lot of people think that it's just a 3D DS lite. I mean that's what I thought it was when I first heard about it and I keep up with gaming-related news. Anyway, I have no intention of buying it, I'll probably wait to for the PS Vita.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I own a 3DS because I have expendable income and I'm waiting for Paper Mario. I haven't played any games on it yet or touched it in months, but it was fun bringing it to work and collecting coworkers in that plaza thing.

Doctor Gonzo

Jun 22, 2011
Shanicus said:
My brother has one, but doesn't have the 3D turned on. It doesn't work because of the type of glasses he has.
This. I know a few friends that have one, and every time I tried to use it, the 3D just wasn't doing anything (yes, it was turned on). I hear a lot of folks with glasses have trouble with the 3D feature.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I know a guy who got it the day it released. That's about it.

I do have a slight bit of interest in the 3DS, but I have no intention of getting one any time soon seeing as I'm still not sold on its library. Also, it's pretty much a given that Nintendo's going to release an updated version of it within the next two years.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I don't have a 3DS, and I'm not going to buy one. Unless Mega Man Legends 3 gets uncancelled.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
I own one. It's pretty nifty, I like it. I especially like the Internet Browser, even though Adobe Flash doesn't work on it. :(

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
A former boss of mine owned one...possibly both...but then they were managers at a Gamestop so they were likely given theirs. Screw them. They seemed to like it but I was too busy hating them for playing with the things in the back of the store, during business hours, while there was a line, the bitches.

Anyway, angst aside, I want one. I'll probably get mine after the price drop. My GF wants one too but is waiting for new colors. I should probably wait too but the poor battery life excuse is kind of weak at this point due to the number of battery add-ons available for the thing now.