Poll: Do you plan on buying a next gen console?

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
Obviously your opinion may change as more information is released. However, with the information available to you now, do you plan on buying a next gen console?

I've been spending less time gaming in recent years, and I find myself very unimpressed with the new consoles. I am definitely going to sit this console generation out. But, I'm curious how widespread this lack of interest is, or if it is just me.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
No.
Simply because when it comes to consoles, by the time I manage to buy one, next gen is already around the corner.
For some reason however I can always keep up with the handhelds no problem.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
I won't be getting the new xbox even if it has the greatest library of exclusives and brand new IP, I don't want to reward shitty anti-consumer business practices.

I'll reserve judgment on the PS4 until they give us more concrete info, but it at least looks promising.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I've already got a Wii U. I'll probably sit out on the PS4 until a few years down the road when devs are more comfortable programming for it and the games get better. As for the X1, I'll never buy it. I didn't care for the Suckbox 360, I don't care about the X1.

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
At this moment, absolutely. I love console gaming for the sheer convenience factor, and because quite a few games are console-only. Having said that, Microsoft lost me with the Xbone. Sony have a chance to pick up my business if they can drop at least two games I want at E3. If not, then no.

Captcha: learn from mistakes.
I believe captcha is trying to tell Sony how to win me over...

aaronobst

Needs a life
Aug 20, 2010
I'll likely be an early adopter of the PS4 for the exclusives. The Xbone on the other hand, no freaking way.

rethsun

May 16, 2013
I won't be buying any next gen console yet frankly because I want to see how they do. I'm fine with my current PS3 and 360 but after a run in with troubles of overheating, disc error, system failure of both of the systems from when they came out, I've been edgy on these next gen technologies.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Yup I usually get them all eventually as I like gaming and can afford them all plus a PC but I dont bother getting any until there are games I want to play on them same goes for upgrading my PC.

Unless things change though I will have to pass on the new Xbox I just cant support that kind of anti-consumer bullshit even if it has awesome games also I dont watch TV or like sport so it dosent seem marketed towards me anyway.

Intend to get a WiiU and PS4 at some point but I am in no hurry.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
I'm on the fence. It's less to do with what's been announced so far and more to do with my change in gaming habits. Last gen I had just moved out of home with a uni laptop that wasn't really up to playing games, so I got a 360. Now I have a desktop that is more than equal to the challenge and I'm using my console to stream media more than anything else. There's still the occasional title I'll pick up for console just because sprawling in the living room whilst playing is nice however I'm not sure that a sense of obligation to use the machine for it's intended purpose isn't part of it.

While there's probably going to be exclusives that I want, there tends to be less of those as the gen ages at which point I might stop getting good use out of it... On the other hand, "brand new shiny" is feeling like a compelling argument right now.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'll probably get a PS4, and maybe down the road pick up a Wii-U.

I will say this... I have recently given serious thoughts to leaning over to the PC for the first time since I started gaming.

Dec 14, 2009
I have the WiiU already, out of the the other two, the PS4 is looking the mos likely.

For the most part though, I play on the PC. Feeling glad that I migrated when I did, I don't much like the look of the future for consoles.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
I am completely on the fence. I have not seen enough of either console to eventually purchase one of them. On top of that I play quite a lot of PC, more then I do my 360.

I'll be on the watch when E3 comes around to see just what the opposing companies reveal about there systems.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Well, I've got a rig upgrade to come way before I think about a console (and an income issue that needs resolving), but at the moment the PS4 is the most likely candidate if I do get one. For the moment though, I'm a no. Not enough info, not enough money, not enough interest.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
I like the exclusives Sony offers, so yeah. As far as big splurges in spending go, gaming is my only hobby.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Maybe a Wii-U down the line, but I'm mostly PC now, so not really.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
I'll probably get a PS4, and maybe down the road pick up a Wii-U.

I will say this... I have recently given serious thoughts to leaning over to the PC for the first time since I started gaming.
Unless you play a lot of local multiplayer I'd recommend it. PC gaming isn't nearly as inconvenient as some people thinks. It also gives you a massive library of games right off the bat.

OT: I already have a Wii U and I'll probably get a PS4 at some point. Give me Tales of Something and I'll start considering it.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Probably not for various reasons:

- I probably won't have the money for it for years to come.

- I still have plenty of PS3 games I want to play, and with my reduced gaming time that'll take years.

- PC gaming, with indie games and Steam sales, is just so much cheaper.

- I don't fancy the direction console gaming is going.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Currently, no. For one, I'm always behind on the generations so I usually let a few years pass when a new generation comes out so I can catch up on the last. Second, all three consoles are likely to be rather expensive and I can't really afford them. And third, the most important reason: I've not seen anything yet that's made me excited enough to want to buy any of the consoles. I've never been a Microsoft gamer, so the Xbox One was never going to be top of my to-buy list and the recent release has turned me off it rather a lot. The Wii U I'm interested in, but mostly because I never had a Wii and since the Wii U is backwards-compatible with most Wii games I feel I should get one so I haven't missed out on any of the good Wii games. The PS4 hasn't got my attention either purely because the reveal showed no games I'm interested in.

As ever, all this is flexible and liable to change. I'm just waiting for any of the consoles to have games announced for them that I'm really interested in.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I highly doubt it. Due ti starting university soon, I'm not going to have a lot of spare money, and I've now got a rather nice laptop that settles my gaming needs.