Poll: Do you play flash games?

Alex Graves

Aug 16, 2012
So I was just curious to see about how many people here play flash games from sites like newgrounds, and kongregate. Having made two flash games myself, and hoping to make more soon, I was wondering if they are played often by other escapists. Also, which type of flash games do you prefer? Are they different from the normal genres you play? For instance, I play a fair ammount of puzzles and rpgs on Kong, but stick mostly to fast hardcore action games from the AAA, well that and tons of rts because I am self abusive nutter (rts AI's build so fast).

So yeah, do you like them and which do you like most?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Last flash game I played was Last stand: Union city I believe and I enjoyed it, that was a couple months ago.

I used to play a lot of flash games a few years ago, before League of Legends came along. :3

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I play loads of Flash Games, but I don't have any particular favorites as far as genre goes though

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I don't actually play a lot of flash games mostly cause I like playing games with a controller and not so much on a computer. Though I am a rather high ranking member on Newgrounds being in the top 800 members just a few years ago. I am also a flash animator and have won 2 awards on newgrounds. Although I don't play a lot of flash games I have lots of respect for them I am actually developing a game through flash for steam currently you can check it out http://blackenthesun.com. I plan to actually put out a demo by the end of the summer.

FourCartridge

Dec 27, 2012
Yeah. Kongregate used to be one of my online hangouts. There was all kinda good stuff on there; Last Stand: Union City, Amorphous+, Stormwinds, all of which were bite sized pieces of awesome. But then they started spamming the freemium MMOs, and it was Too Good to Last. =(

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Nope.
Used to but now that I have actual money and games and shit there's basically no reason to.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I love momentum missile mayhem, sieger, wingmen, castle clout and crush the castle (Which angry birds ripped off), epic war 2, infectionator, Blockhead the game, Happy Wheels, the heist, and a ton more that I can list but it it would end up being miles long.

Alex Graves

Aug 16, 2012
Racecarlock said:
I love momentum missile mayhem, sieger, wingmen, castle clout and crush the castle (Which angry birds ripped off), epic war 2, infectionator, Blockhead the game, Happy Wheels, the heist, and a ton more that I can list but it it would end up being miles long.
I love the inefectionator and epic war games, spent a bit more time then I probably should have on them. XD

Also, thanks I keep forgetting which of the catapult games were the original, still sad people made such a big deal of angry birds when there were a few dozen games that were the same thing almost a year before it was released.

Captcha: "case closed" How fitting. XD

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Yeah, sometimes, but not often. I do find some really interesting stuff from time to time, though.

There's a couple of people developing flash games using the music I posted on Newgrounds, actually.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Not as much as I'd like to. I started most of my interest in programming with AS2 so I do like playing Flash games but I can't stand to use it anymore. Friends send me a few interesting ones though, but I mostly just like ones that explore some gameplay element I haven't seen before or just utilizes one really well.

Short and sweet Flash games I love, any suggestions to what I've described would be lovely although I doubt I'll get around to them.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
NeutralDrow said:
I do play a few, but most of those I won't admit to.

Katawa Crash is fun, though.
It is perhaps the greatest thing to grace newgrounds in quite a while.

OT: not really, got other games to play through.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Rarely, I never look to play them since there is so much crap to filter through. However if one is really popular I'll check it out.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
No, not really. Though I do have Alien Hominid for the Gamecube, which started out as a Flash game, so... that's something

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
If you have time, Epic Battle Fantasy.

I remember I played heck out of EBF3. 4th one got released but I haven't had time lately.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
I used to be a F2P gamer for 6 years, so I've played a shit-ton of free MMOs and flash games(I've got 8602 points on Kong). Then I bought my first gaming PC and I've barely played any since. I just can't care about them anymore. Besides, most of them aren't really made for big screens.

My favorite flash games would be time sinking RPGs like Epic Battle Fantasy or Protector IV(tower defense but with RPG elements). Hell, I think I might've bought Protector IV and forgotten about it. Hmm.

I also liked new stuff that hadn't really been made before like Road of the Dead. Gawd, that reminds me how sad I am that games get way more attention on phones than on PC. Like Crash the Castle and Angry Birds.

Dammit, I've played too many flash games.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
I don't play them as often as I use to however I do still play them some times.
mysecondlife said:
If you have time, Epic Battle Fantasy.

I remember I played heck out of EBF3. 4th one got released but I haven't had time lately.
I second this move that game is hella fun though I haven't played that since my freshmen year of college.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Flash, Java, Shockwave, Quicktime (not to be confused with Quick Time Events), handhelds, consoles, console addons, PC, Mac, tablet/mobile, emulators...Whatever I can get my hands on.