Poll: Do you play flash games?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I used to all the time, but these days if I try to play anything when I have more than one tab up (which is all the time) it either runs really slowly or just makes Flash crash on me. One of my favorite sites to visit was Miniclip.com. There were plenty of fun games to keep me entertained for hours.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Nope.
Used to but now that I have actual money and games and shit there's basically no reason to.
This actually. I like playing games that were developed with time, money and love.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
likalaruku said:
Flash, Java, Shockwave, Quicktime (not to be confused with Quick Time Events), handhelds, consoles, console addons, PC, Mac, tablet/mobile, emulators...Whatever I can get my hands on.
The Mac computers are PCs. PC stands for Personal computer. Is it your computer? If yes, it is your PC.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
yes. i stop by newgrounds every now and then to see what's new. i'll try a few here and there if they seem interesting. i like tower defense, launch types, and level up types, primarily.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Yes, as it's something to do while Steam is downloading or I can't be bothered with a larger more complex game.

Besides they're free.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Yeah, sometimes. I'm usually on Newgrounds and I save all the games I find addictive or clever into my favourites.

I loved Canary, Kingdom Rush, Adventure Story and Amorphous. They're the ones I keep coming back to anyway.

Evil Smurf said:
hazabaza1 said:
Nope.
Used to but now that I have actual money and games and shit there's basically no reason to.
This actually. I like playing games that were developed with time, money and love.
That's harsh. A lot of them have definitely had a lot of time and love thrown into them. As for the money, you could say "time is money", as in you play it for free because they just want to entertain.

However, I will say a lot of them can be really poorly designed.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I used to back when I worked graveyards and had a job I didn't really care about.

Now, the only 'flash' game I play is Avengers Alliance on facebook. I don't think it's the type of game OP had in mind but it's pretty much the closest.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Not enough to have an opinion of them in general or between genres. I have played a few, but only sporadically and I tend not to come back to them.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Dr. McD said:
Yes, in particular I suggest you try Final Ninja and Final Ninja Zero.

lRookiel said:
Last flash game I played was Last stand: Union city I believe and I enjoyed it, that was a couple months ago.

I used to play a lot of flash games a few years ago, before League of Legends came along. :3
Yeah, the Last Stand games are pretty good.

mysecondlife said:
If you have time, Epic Battle Fantasy.

I remember I played heck out of EBF3. 4th one got released but I haven't had time lately.
Got any advice for dealing with the Red Hydra? Every time I get it down to one head it kills the entire party.
Sorry, I got nothing. I haven't played 4th and I remember very little about 3rd.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I have a healthy amount of games both on Steam and on my consoles but I still have a pretty hefty bookmark folder full of those wonderful bite-sized gems.

Castaway, Hands of War, the Arkandian games, Necronator + Infectonator games, all of Nerdooks stuff.

And I really love the food simulation ones. IDGAF how silly and casual they are, they are FUN ADDICTIVE.

Delerien

Apr 3, 2013
The ones i really liked were Mud and Blood 2 and Gemcraft.
Mud and Blood 2 can be frustrating though due to it's really random nature.
Besides that i don't really play flash games, i skim through Kongregate from time to time, but it's been a long time since something actually grabbed my attention.

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Yes, there are some great flash games out there.

Reimagine :The Game [http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/569281]

Loved [http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/539211]

ROBOT UNICORN [http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-evolution-twitchy-online-game.html]
ALWAYS I WANNA BE WITH YOU
AND MAKE BELIVE WITH YOU
AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY, OH LOVE!!

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Recently I played Sinjid, from the creator of Sonny 2, which was a brilliant turn based RPG. I played Raze 2 two years ago, man was I hyped for that game, it turned out to be OK, now if it worked properly with Opera. I've also played Plazma Burst, Chibi Knight and quite a few more, I used to have a PC that's shittier than this lap top.

Evil Smurf said:
hazabaza1 said:
Nope.
So you don't give them a chance because they have no real, or obvious budgeting behind them?
Because that's what I'm getting from these posts. Every project requires time, every art medium requires love, dedication is put to the test even more when there's no financial benefit whatsoever. You're missing out, but then again, the scene is between mobile and indie, but the rare gems are still there.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
I used to play them a lot on Kongregate, but not so much anymore. Virtually all of them are rehashes or blatant copies of flash games I've already played.

Which is what sucks about most android games too. Everything's a knockoff of a knockoff.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
I play them from time to time, yes. In fact, I have played a few hundred of them in total, but only in spurts. Say, i wouldn1t even think about playing flash-games for a year or so, and then I would play about fifty different ones in the span of a week, whenever I have a little free-time.

Or, alternatively, when they are simpler games that require less concentration, I like to mess around with them while I listen to podcasts. It's fun. :p

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
I don't as often as I used to. When Newgrounds first came out with the Medal's system I tried to keep up with them by getting all the medals but I slowly fell behind. I had a relatively high score for a while.

Biggest accomplishment was beating Ching Chong Beautiful on the hardest gamemode. Great game btw.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
everythingbeeps said:
I used to play them a lot on Kongregate, but not so much anymore. Virtually all of them are rehashes or blatant copies of flash games I've already played.

Which is what sucks about most android games too. Everything's a knockoff of a knockoff.
I personally prefer Armor Games (I find their site more pleasing to the eye and more intuitively structured), but I can still second the complaint about the knockoffs. Launchers, building-destructors, 2D arcade shooters, tower-defense games and it's reverse take up 80% of all decent flash games, and one can only take so much of them before getting bored with it.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Dr. McD said:
mysecondlife said:
Dr. McD said:
Yes, in particular I suggest you try Final Ninja and Final Ninja Zero.

lRookiel said:
Last flash game I played was Last stand: Union city I believe and I enjoyed it, that was a couple months ago.

I used to play a lot of flash games a few years ago, before League of Legends came along. :3
Yeah, the Last Stand games are pretty good.

mysecondlife said:
If you have time, Epic Battle Fantasy.

I remember I played heck out of EBF3. 4th one got released but I haven't had time lately.
Got any advice for dealing with the Red Hydra? Every time I get it down to one head it kills the entire party.
Sorry, I got nothing. I haven't played 4th and I remember very little about 3rd.
It's alright, I managed to beat the hydra today anyway.
Oh god that fight was difficult as all hell on epic mode... But then, the final boss was just as difficult if not moreso.