Poll: Do You Play Tabletop RPGs?

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Well, the question is pretty self-explanatory, but I'm wondering exactly how many of my fellow Escapists are into Tabletop gaming. Personally, I'm quite new to them, I started with DnD 4E and also had a brief stint with the Star Wars RPG as a human Jedi.

Vimbert

Aug 15, 2009
Yes, I currently play 3.5 D&D, dabble in the Star Wars system, and have some experience with World of Darkness.

I've never tried 4.0 D&D, but only because my gaming group aren't really willing to try it (mostly because we don't like using battle tiles).

...You may want to edit that topic title.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
D&D. My group likes D&D 3.5 also, but we homebrew it and end up mixing all kinds of different versions and other crazy crap.

Provides hours of entertainment/frustration/desires to commit murder-suicide when I play with certain people.

disfunkybob

Sep 9, 2008
I dabbled in it when I was younger. But I think the people around me now would be none too interested.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Valate said:
No, its too wierd for me. (If I say that about something, it should be avoided at ALL costs)
I'm sorry, person with a video game transvestite as a user picture says what?

OT - I used to, but then the guys I played with left town after uni :(

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
Chipperz said:
Valate said:
No, its too wierd for me. (If I say that about something, it should be avoided at ALL costs)
I'm sorry, person with a video game trans*sexual* as a user picture says what?

OT - I used to, but then the guys I played with left town after uni :(
Took you guys long enough.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
no but i would like to, but i know buggerall about it, but sitting around in a basement drinking and discussing weird made up shit in the game, i may have idealized it but i think its worth a try, i already know what im gonna play, a thief fire mage.

UAProxy

Sep 11, 2009
What's a tanle? And how do you play on one?

OT: I've played D&D from 2e-4e. I've currently shelved those two for Mouse Guard and World of Darkness, however.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Currently kit bashing together an odd techno fantasy game using Star Wars SAGA, running an "out of the book" campaign with Pathfinder (DnD 3.75 for those in the know), planning an Aces and Eights game, and playing in a long running kitbashed Post Apocalyptic Western Game.

So yeah... I play Tabletop RPG's.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Do I play tabletop RPGs?

Chummer, I am a pen and paper veteran. I have forgotten more games, campaigns, rules, and errata than most will ever play. I've played genres so far-fetched that the manual outright demands that you get snookered or stoned before you play, and used systems that make GURPS look like baby's first D20 rpg.

So yeah, I play.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
irefusetoincludenumbersinthisname said:
Yes, I currently play 3.5 D&D, dabble in the Star Wars system, and have some experience with World of Darkness.

I've never tried 4.0 D&D, but only because my gaming group aren't really willing to try it (mostly because we don't like using battle tiles).

...You may want to edit that topic title.
Thanks for the correction, but yeah, how is World of Darkness, I looked at it and was interested by the idea that they had a Victorian setting.

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
Yup. Homebrew GURPS at the moment but have also played D&D (original), AD&D 2nd ed., Werewolf, Star Wars D6, Call of Cthulhu, Warhammer Fantasy RPG (1st ed., owns 2nd ed.), and a few others.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
I wish I could, but I don't know anyone who lives near me who plays them.

The closest I can get is chess...

DC_Josh

Harmonica God
Oct 9, 2008
D&D 3.5 and 3.0 here, with both core, published and custom campeign settings, using modified rules both approved (Unearthed Arcana) and un-aproved. I will not touch 4.0 with a 10 foot pole reguardless of whether the talented and hilarious sell-outs from Penny Arcade are paid to like it or not.

Star Wars d20, D20 Modern/Future/Past/Apocolypse are also good.

Me and my friends have also worked for a number of years on turning the brilliant yet half finished "Inquisitor" game by GW into a roleplaying game fit for kings, which so far trumps the new "offical" rp, Dark Heresy, although it is rather good.

Edit: Warhamemr Fantasy RP 1st and Second ed are also favorites of mine-How could I forget?

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
No i've always wanted to try it just to see what it's like but my group of friends aren't into that sort of thing

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
Never have, but I've always been curious about it. I used to have a lot of Palladium books, mostly Robotech, but never actually sat down and tried to work out a game.

Once or twice, I actually tried creating a tabletop RPG. I wasn't using D20 or any established rule system. I was trying to write my own, one that wouldn't require special dice or accessories. It never really worked out, though.