Poll: Do you prefer wine or beer?

Mar 3, 2009
Can't have either, really. I can handle ice wine and honey wine, so I guess that's my answer. Has nothing to do with the alcohol content. The working theory is that there's something in the casks and/or hops that doesn't get along with my system. Most liquors hit me the same way too, so there's very little I can stomach.

Harley Q

Oct 11, 2009
I prefer wine, but I brew my own beer and that's pretty sweet. Most of the time.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I prefer mead, but since that's not readily available, I'd have to go with wine. Of course, my expertise on alcohol is limited, so I imagine there are probably some beers that I would like, but at this point, I can't stand the stuff.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
A Smooth Criminal said:
I can't drink either. No idea why, but yeast based alcohol gives me bad asthma and a bright red face.

Only spirits for me :C
Spirits are still yeast based alcohol, they're just distilled among other things.

I'd go with wine I guess. Not a huge fan of wine, but I don't really like beer, most of it's too hoppy.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
The taste of beer makes me sick.
Red wine is ok, but I prefer white wine.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I don't really like drinking alcohol at all. When I do drink, I prefer wine over beer any day.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
It really depends on the meal. If I'm having something fancy then wine. Otherwise beer.

If we're talking about something to drink in the evening, then I'll have a beer.

Nightmare-Child

Jul 14, 2010
Neither actually. I prefer Single Malt Scotch. Aged 18 years at least. In the absence of that though, wine. Preferably Chardonnay.

Lopsided Weener

Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2010
Beer. Especially a high quality lager or Imperial Stout. Leffe's Blonde is one of my all time favorite beers.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
Wine with Italian foods, but otherwise I'm a beer fan.

Actually lately it's been whiskey. Gets me where I wanna be going, without feeling all bloated after a few. Just gotta remember I can't drink it like I drink beer or I end up waking up at lakes forty minutes away with no idea how I got there or how I'm getting home (oddly specific example you say? hmm).

Canadian Rob

Oct 15, 2012
I'm a home brewer, so I have to say beer, but that comes with a caveat. I don't care for Hoppy Beers. You can keep your pale ales, IPAs, and Pilsners, I like a nice brown or red ale, or porter. On a cold day I like a stout. By the same reasoning, I don't care for Dry wines, much prefering a sweet red or a Riesling. Next year I start culinary school, which means I will end up taking a wine appreciation course, so I will learn more, but beer is still my preferred alcoholic drinking beverage.

I wonder how many people have given either a decent shot? I know it took me a LONG time to find the beers that were right for me, and before that I thought it was all piss water. But I also found I didn't like wine either, keeping the view that I could get sour grapes cheaper by finding old grapes at the grocery store. I drank liquor, in many a myriad form. I still prefer vodka or rum (spiced, and not) for my mixed drinks and social lubricant, scotch for drinking straight (I like Glenlivet and Lismore). But I digress. There are as many different kinds of beer as there are wines, and a great many people in my experience don't take the time to learn about them before dismissing any them.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I prefer beer since I quit smoking because I find it impossible to drink red wine without wanting to spark up.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Both, please.

I'm a bit of an alcohol aficionado. I'm just at home drinking a pint of beer as a light white. I also don't shy away from full, dry reds. It all depends on what mood I'm in.