Poll: Do You Run?

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
Barely ever. I keep meaning to get into running, even just short runs to improve my cardio (alongside biking). Somehow it never happens...

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
I used to run when I was about to miss a train, but since I discovered that most train drivers find it hilarious to close the doors and start the engines just as you start running, I stopped.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
When I run it's normally only for short distances. Tough I haven't gone for a short run in some time and need to do so more often again.

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
I use the treadmill at the gym a few times a week, 10 minutes of interval work. Not sure how far I go, it depends on whether I do it first or after cross trainer or rower.

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
I hit the treadmill every-time I work out, and play soccer pretty regularly. So I guess I do short runs pretty frequently. I need to do more cardio.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Only as part of martial arts warm-up, really. So that'd be... 10 laps around the mat, 5 times a week? Don't think that adds up to a marathon just yet.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I just walked two days ago, and now my whole body is aching...
I guess I have to take it wasy when I am trying to get back into shape.

I can barely go down the stairs.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
Playful Pony said:
Julius Terrell said:
Playful Pony said:
Too many "its good to be single" evenings on my couch with the cat, a bag of chips and a Swarzenegger movie has rendered me in terrible shape.. I really should do some running for health and fitness reasons, but I'm also terribly lazy... I need someone to drag me out the door and go for a run every day or something D=.
You can gladly come running with me. I promise I won't kill you. :D
I wasn't worried until you said you promise not to kill me Oo'..
Awww! This thread inspired a date! Possibly a murderous one, but still...

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Only when I'm drunk enough to numb out the pain I'll feel in my lungs from excessive smoking.
I'm also embarrassed of simply running around the city, which is weird since I enjoy occasional short distance sprint. I do plan on taking better care of myself eventually.

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
I'm on the high school track/cross country team so I get in about 40 miles a week.

I enjoy it, workouts absolutely suck, but I like running with my friends.

Julius Terrell

Feb 27, 2013
ellers07 said:
Playful Pony said:
Julius Terrell said:
Playful Pony said:
Too many "its good to be single" evenings on my couch with the cat, a bag of chips and a Swarzenegger movie has rendered me in terrible shape.. I really should do some running for health and fitness reasons, but I'm also terribly lazy... I need someone to drag me out the door and go for a run every day or something D=.
You can gladly come running with me. I promise I won't kill you. :D
I wasn't worried until you said you promise not to kill me Oo'..
Awww! This thread inspired a date! Possibly a murderous one, but still...
I would like to say that anyone's death caused by running with me will only be caused by their own body's inablity to keep functioning. I'll just make sure to check if you're still breathing every 5 miles. I'll even slow down if necessary, but if I turn around and you're not there. I promise that I will recussitate you immediately. Otherwise.... an 8 minute pace will be required. Thank you!

Sep 9, 2007
I don't run, but I like to walk when I can get the time in, it helps me relax. While I was looking for work last year, I would walk into town (about a 6km round trip) 3 times a week, but that has dropped off sharply now that I'm working pretty much every day. Thankfully I'm still pretty mobile at work, so at least I'm getting some exercise in.

kgpspyguy

Apr 18, 2011
SanAndreasSmoke said:
Where do I fall on the running spectrum? IN THE FRONT, BABY!! WOO!
I run cross country and track for school as well as a few 5Ks here and there. I love it, personally.
I know a lot of people can't imagine how running could be appealing for anything but staying fit, but it really does give you a euphoric feeling to just let loose and embrace the outdoors for a while.

I also plan on participating in a marathon some day. Good luck running your own.
I was going to leave a Comment but this guy pretty much stole mine.

4RT1LL3RY

Oct 31, 2008
I did cross country back in high school and still do some 5km runs. I am doing the Warrior Dash with my sister this summer too. I got very into minimalist running in the last few years. Once you make the transition to lighter shoes its surprising how much good ground feel improves my running experience. It makes it a lot more interesting, feeling the difference between gravel, dirt, sand, grass is very nice. Running barefoot is fun though it takes good awareness to avoid stepping on unwanted things. For some races I still use racing spikes, usually courses with river crossings.

Basically after I got out of high school I retaught myself how to run. Read the book on the Pose Running Technique and it works well for me.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
I do a few of 3-3½k a week when the weather is for it and when I start my Krav Maga again tomorrow I will start running with the others.
Just for the cardio and burning a few extra calories.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Not enough for go for any option above "Only when chased". The only time I ever run is when I'm feeling sporty and I've taken the tram that goes up to the stop before the train station before diverting off. Usually, the tram gets to that stop about 3-4 minutes before my train, so if I don't sprint the 400 or so metres to get to the station, I'm going to miss my train.

Other than that, heck no. The only strenuous exercise that I do is squash, and that's only when my squash buddy comes back from university. Luckily, I still have a pretty lean figure, but I think that's because I walk everywhere that can't be reached on time without public transport.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
I started to really enjoy running in the fire academy but then I got a job working mid nights and that killed me. I put on 23 pounds and started smoking almost a pack a day. Now I'm working on getting this weight off.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I walk recreationally with my MP3 player through town every so often.
It's decent exercise but that's not the reason I do it. It's usually because I'm upset and need time to think and cool down.