Poll: Do you shower in the morning or in the evening?

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
PxDn Ninja said:
Syber_Sid said:
Heating water is cheaper after 6pm
Explain this one to me...

I don't question that it is true, but WHY is that true? I don't think time of day where I live matters.
Electricity is used to heat the water, electricity is cheaper at "off-peak" times.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
Lukeje said:
PxDn Ninja said:
Syber_Sid said:

I don't question that it is true, but WHY is that true? I don't think time of day where I live matters.
Electricity is used to heat the water, electricity is cheaper at "off-peak" times.
Ah, guess that would be true. I live with a Gas water heater, so I didn't even think about the electric aspect.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
It depends on what I've got to do.

Showers are for the morning: a quick cleaning blast so I'm clean for the day ahead.
I find baths more relaxing, so I tend to have those in the evenings.

Superbeast

Bound up the dead triumphantly!
Jan 7, 2009
Mostly morning - I get greasy hair, and even slightly-not-clean hair bugs me. So I find it best to be smelling fresh and non-greasy when I leave for uni. As others have said, showering at night means you wake up with 7hrs worth of BO.

Though the 3-5 days a week that I work out I shower in the evening too (because sleeping when actually sweaty/smelly is rank). So both, I guess?

Viivrabe

Sep 24, 2009
i shower in the morning because when you sleep you still sweat (8 hrs) of sweating after you shower means you are not clean when you wake up.
also if you do something before you go to bed long enough you will learn to associate it with sleeping, same thing after waking up.

my mother for instance reads before going to sleep, now the only thing she can do after reading is sleep no matter what time it is.

Jast

Mar 18, 2009
I like showering in the evenings much more than showering in the mornings. It's so relaxing feeling warm watering on you after a long day. Plus, I don't like going to bed dirty.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
During the weekdays I shower In the morning because I don't want to smell bad or be repulsive at school so I must shower in the morning. I have long hair and it takes forever to fully dry and retain its shape. If I showered in the evening or night before I sleep I would go to bed with damp hair, and worse my hair would be deformed the following morning.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Mostly in the evenings. At least during the week since I have to rush out in the morning. Weekends I'll shower in the morning. And as for the whole sweating during the night thing... I just put on deodorant and aftershave. The only comments about my smell I ever get are that its pleasant.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Morning. I find people who shower at night before bed wake up and smell like ass, then walk around all day smelling like sweat but don't notice at all. To personify this anecdote, I sweat like CRAZY in my sleep, even if I take an hour long nap I NEED a shower when I wake up.

I'll also shower at night if I had a active day. Sadly though, the life of a computer science major does not have room for a whole lot of activity. I'm also exposed to lots of people who don't shower.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
depends but considering how my work schedule goes its usually in the morning. Night showers are there tho when i feel i wanna refresh and got time for it.

Tho i feel sry for ppl with roommates who have to put up with this rare situation. It does suck not to be able to take a piss or wash ur teeth in the morning but oh well xD set up some rules about the shower person n should be ok....or move ur brush in the kitchen xD

Sipo

Jul 25, 2009
i like night showers.....but i prefer to shower in th mornin cuz my hair gets greasy overnight usually...and it helps wake me up XD

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I shower in the evening, not enough time to do so in the morning because I only maybe only an hour to get all my stuff ready and there's no way in hell I'm getting up at 6 am or am I going out in the cold with wet or damp hair.

WarmasterPopey

Nov 21, 2009
I usually just try to shower a couple of hours before work, so I can show up looking neat and smelling clean. On my days off, I tend to shower in the morning, as showering tends to wake me up, which I don't really want when I'm about to head to bed or whatever.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
I can't stand showers, I've never enjoyed them. I take baths instead, and I do so at night so I can relax. I like to sleep in for as long as possible in the mornings (usually not long, curse you early starting uni and work!)

Syber_Sid

Apr 11, 2008
PxDn Ninja said:
Syber_Sid said:

Excuse the lateness of my reply. Where I live (jolly old England) all of the electricty companies charge two rates, one for daytime and one for nighttime (daytime electricty is charged at about x2). I don't know why, maybe it is because the most electricty is used during daytime. The nighttime rate starts at 6pm and the the daytime rate starts at 6am, therefore it costs me half as much to turn on my boiler after 6pm and have a shower an hour later than to do the same at 6am in the morning.