Poll: Do you sing in your car?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I was driving home from Best Buy earlier today and someone in another car was looking at me funny. I realized that he probably thought it was strange that I was belting out the song that was currently on the radio. This got me wondering; this isn't weird, right? Everyone sings in the car....right? Why are you backing away slowly?

So I decided to do a huge survey that was all scientific with beakers and charts and goggles and whatnot and realized how much work that would be so instead, I'll just make a thread about it!

Your favorite song comes onto the radio: Sing or silence, that is the question...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I totally would if I drove. I sing along to songs while walking or biking down the street (if nobody else is there), so I'm sure being alone in a car would be no different.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Fooddude said:
You forgot to make a "No." option
...well shit, that seems important :)

I have edited in a No option. Hopefully it'll work (they don't always work for some reason when you edit the poll).

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Of course I do! When I'm driving while tired, it's often the only thing that keeps me awake!
My poor wife is subjected to my singing pretty much every time we're in the car.
The radio is never involved, though. My car has a lovely MP3 input jack, so I get to sing my own songs! It's lovely.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
All the time, as loud and as badly as I can (which isn't hard as I am about as tone deaf as they come).

When i'm alone it's great but on occasion I have the kids and/or their friends with me and they get embarrassed.

One of my wifes friends once politely told me to shut the fuck up because I was ruining one of her favourite songs.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Hmm. I'd have to get back to you on that when I actually have a car. I lost my last one in a wreck where I wound up underneath a Ford Taurus a few months ago. Judging from my musical tastes though, probably not. I listen to mostly instrumental stuff.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
YES.
I don't care if someone is in the car with me, if I know the song and I like it I'm going to sing it! Not a very good singer but it's MY car, I'll do whatever I want! Okay, technically it's my dad's but you get the point.
But for songs I like but don't fully know yet, I'll sing what I know and whistle the rest.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I sing everywhere. I don't actually have a car, but I know I love listening to music in a vechicle, so I am sure if I was alone I would sing aloud.

I sing in the shower, in my room, while I walk outside, while I wait for the bartender to fill me up.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I don't have a car? I suppose if I did, I suppose I would sing, at least quietly under my breath.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Naturally! While driving, I'd say almost all of my songs become duets at one time or another.

I try not to move my mouth too much though. That way if anyone I know sees me hopefully they'll just assume I'm using Bluetooth.

*sincker* Little do they know that I don't even own Bluetooth. Or know how to use it for that matter.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
Yes, of course I do! The only time I stop singing is whenever someone passes me on the Interestate and I suddenly feel self-conscious. Or stopped at a light with more than one lane. *shrug* There's only so much privacy in a care. I also blast the music too.

Occasionally, I'll mouth the lyrics while walking down the street or going through the stacks at my workplace (a library), but nothing above a tiny whisper.

I find singing to be very natural, regardless of talent. Might as well be proud of what we have anyway.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Depends on the song. If it's classic rock I'll probably not only be singing to it but also drumming it out on my steering wheel. More than likely I'll also be doing it even if there's other people in my car, and if they give me any weird looks I'll tell them "it's (insert band name here), start singing or get the fuck out!"

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Yep, as often as possible. I never listen to the radio, since most of the music on it I don't like, so I have a tonne of CDs in my car. It's even better when you pull up to a red light, and then hear someone in the car next to you start singing too. Glorious.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Don't have a car. I sing when I walk though, get funny looks, but they are the ones missing out!

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
Since I usually use cd's in my car instead of the radio its allllllways music i like :p as for funny looks who gives a crap, you aren't ever going to see them again. Gotta spread my musical taste to the world somehow.

smiley92

Jul 25, 2008
The pleasure of driving is precisely that I can sing without killing anyone in the process, which would actually happen if I did it in the open!