Poll: Do you sing in your car?

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Always. The way I knew my boyfriend was a keeper was the first time we drove together, we both belted out the same songs on the radio, and neither of us batted an eye.

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Yup! mostly if I have it on one of my multiple mixed CD's (Yes I make mixed CD's!) but I listen to the radio every now and then and I sing what ever song is on, even if I don't know the lyrics.

khiliani

May 27, 2010
Hell yes I do, best part about owning a car is driving to and from places whilst singing as much as i want. Realy pisses my girlfriend off though, so i have to restrict it a bit sometimes

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I sing in the car because I love to sing but have an awful voice. It also makes the drive to and from work a lot more fun. I'm quite passionate about music so I can't help myself when I'm in the car. It's the only place I do it though.

redknightalex said:
Occasionally, I'll mouth the lyrics while walking down the street or going through the stacks at my workplace (a library), but nothing above a tiny whisper.
I do this too, except I work in a very busy lab with lots of people and machines processing specimens constantly. I only do it when I think no one is watching.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Hehe, yup I will sometimes, usually late at night when no one is on the road. ;p

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Depends on the song that's playing. So hardly ever when listening to the radio, and wuite often when listening to CDs (Yes I still buy, own and play CDs)

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Hell yes, alone in my car is one of the very few times I feel comfortable singing.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I'm still just at the practise driving stage. Don't have any radio on so I can hear the car noises.
However, I still burst out into song once in a while. The silence annoys me.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
yeah i do but quietly so i can still appreciate the artist and i have to play the music off my phone, no aux jack on my radio and CD's are a pain to burn, and the tinny little speaker is not enough for me to really let rip
i even have sound proof office and have the radio on and i can really let rip there but thats flying a desk instead of driving a car though there still windows it must look like in screaming at people :~)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
In the car in my room, in my girlfriend's room (ooh-er) and, at work. In the car I sing loud and proud even if I'm not sure of the lyrics. All other times I pretty much just sing along when I know the words. I'm told I have a good singing voice and seemed to please people that one time I did a kareoke thing at a con several years ago.

Oct 2, 2012
All of the time! I usually sing in the car with one of my friends to pass the time and improve upon our ability to modify our voices.

Currently I'm singing Miracle of Sound's Joker's Song to try and perfect a Joker voice :D
And screw other people that think I'm weird! They probably have quiet, non-fulfilling lives! :D

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
During local trips, I might sing in my car, though not often. However, for long drives, I sing to help keep myself from zoning out or falling asleep.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I drive about 2 hours total on weekly basis, often at night. You gotta do something to keep awake.

(Yes, loud and proud)

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
absolutly, I don't drive often but if I do so, it's turning up the radio and giving up a one man show.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Oh, do I ever. If I'm alone, I'll sing as loud as I can. If there's someone with me, I'll sing quietly, and I only small sections of any given song.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I don't even need music on to do it, I'll sing to the tune in my head. Which actually makes it worse I think.

I don't usually like distractions when I'm driving, but this doesn't distract me for some reason.