Poll: Do you sit/squat in the shower?

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Occasionally, when I really, really, really need a moment to think. Usually when there is something big happening and I need to make a decision that day within a couple hours of the shower, but I think that might have to do with the intense distraction causing me to lose focus on the task at hand.

(Also, this is by far the weirdest thread I've seen in these forums in a while, good work.)

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I prefer to lie on my back like an overturned beetle, shrieking and flailing.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Nope. My shower isn't what you would call 'clean' so I don't do it. It's about twice the size of a normal sized shower, so I'm too lazy to clean it it.
Barbas said:
I prefer to lie on my back like an overturned beetle, shrieking and flailing.
Sounds very therapeutic.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
My bathroom is too small for a tub so I quite often sit in the shower. You get the benefit of relaxing under a stream of hot water and you don't have to sit in a pool of your own filth.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Bathtubs are for sitting
Showers are for standing
Any who deviate from this must be some kind of hippie commie mutant immigrant minority alien nutjob who is also un-American!

Just kidding :p
I usually stand up in the shower as I find it more comfortable though it could be because my shower is kinda small.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Never just for fun, but due to illness I've had periods where I literally wasn't able to stand long enough to take a shower. That's why I have a small plastic stool in the bathroom now, luckily I haven't needed it for a while.

Feb 22, 2009
I always do, because I am endlessly lazy. It's probably not a great idea though, when you're as lazy as me. It requires much more willpower to drag myself out of the hot shower when I'm also sat down in it.

Victim of Progress

Jul 11, 2011
I don't have a shower. I merely have a poorly placed bathtub with a shower head. So I kind of have to...sponge myself and then wash it off with the shower head. So to answer your question, yes. I have to sit down, or I'd spray water everywhere.

Jessabi

Jul 26, 2011
I have done occasionally in the past, but generally I like to just get a shower over and done with as quickly as possible so I can get on with other things.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I use one of those shower only things that has no tub and I sit in it in complete darkness for a while then I clean myself.

For refrence of how dark i like my showers I cant even see my hand as theres no window in the shower room.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
I always sit. Nowadays it's because I have health issues that make it hard to stand for long periods of time, but before that I always sat in the shower. I think that it's more relaxing and easier to scrub yourself when you sit down.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Ah yeah, from time to time I do. I got no tub, so to sit & let the hot water pour down on my head is very relaxing after a long day of work.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
ah but the bathtub is cold and so is the water.

But I can imagine having a good sit with warm water running over me. That does sound relaxing.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
If I ever become embarrassingly rich I'm going to have a shower made with a build in sitting section. other then that I only on rare occasion sulk down when I feel horrible, showers are soothing and standing is hard.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I frequently squat in the shower. Usually don't sit , though I have in the past when depressed. And a few times in the two-week period where I was dying of ruptured appendix. Fun times.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
If I wanted to sit down and get wet I'd have a bath...

No, I don't sit in the shower, and I don't really understand why you'd do it. I guess if you don't actually have a bath maybe it's nice to sit in the shower, but I've never not had a bathtub available, and I also don't like baths.

I prefer to have nearly scalding-hot showers with the bathroom door closed so the whole room ends up kinda like a sauna.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'd like to be able to every once in a while, but I have bad knees (I guess, if I squat and try to stand back up from that dead squatting position it hurts) and so I try not to squat down more than I have to in any situation.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I've sat down on a little step/seat thing in a fancy shower once, it felt odd because my arse was cold and the rest of me was hot. And when I went to Russia once the hot water pressure where we were staying was so low that it somehow couldn't get up the pipe to the shower head, so we had the choice between having a cold shower, washing only below the knees or sitting on the floor.

But day-to-day I stand up because I'm a conformist.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Isn't that what a bath tub is for?

The tall, booth-like structure of the shower suggests it is best used for standing. So that's what I do.

I have, however, seen an ultra-modern fancy multiple jet shower that had a built in seat. But that scenario called to mind several potential "Letters to Penthouse" scenarios I might want to share with my missus...

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Only with a 1.5 litre bottle of vodka and a hundred painkillers. Other than that, its stand-mode for cleaning function to be initiated