Poll: Do you sit/squat in the shower?

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I sometimes sit or squat in the shower, but usually only if I'm nursing a hangover. I do have to be careful that I don't fall asleep though.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
That would require my shower to be significantly wider. Besides, If I sit down in warm water, I'm liable to fall asleep.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
When it comes to bathing there are two options.

1. Shower.

2. Bath.

If I want to get clean fast and especially if I'm in a rush then I have shower, and it's usually done with pretty fast.

If I want to relax and chill out then I'll run myself a nice warm bath.

So I'm either stood or up lay down, not sat or squatting.

So no you sick freak! Lol just kidding.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
I've squatted in the shower once, and it was because I had slipped and walloped the side of my head against the tiled wall, and so I was doing it to stabilize myself until the world stopped spinning.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Not usually, but every once in a while if I want a good relaxing soak sometimes I'll just kneel down in there and turn the heat up a bit and just soak it in. It's usually only ever for a minute or so.

The tubs at out place are tiny, though. Narrow, short and very, very shallow. Surprisingly shallow. I actually have to cut like 6 inches off a shower curtain when I put in a new one. It's weird, especially with 10-foot ceilings in the house. And I'm not little, so a bath is not a possibility there.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I voted "rarely". Shower's in the tub and it's pretty comfy there. But I do it maybe a couple of times a year for whatever reason. Mostly thinking.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've only sat in the shower when I felt really shitty. 99% of the time I stand but those few times I did sit it was...not unpleasant. I got oddly cold in places but otherwise it was fine-just-fine.

Oct 2, 2012
I've only ever sat in the shower when I was extremely ill and too weak to stand. It was uncomfortable because my shower is built for people about 6 or 7 inches shorter and much thinner than me.
Its also uncomfortable to stand in but I digress.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Only when I'm not feeling well. It's because I can't afford to sit in the shower for 20 minutes at a time lest my water bill rise (broke student troubles) and my roommates get pissed for hogging the bathroom in the morning.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Considering my shower and bathtub are the same thing (common in North America) I do it with relative frequency. I'm somewhat depressed and have a caffeine dependency so mornings are pretty difficult for me. So yeah, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Tried it once, never again. Not only is the water mostly cold by the time it reaches down, I don't like the feeling of it when it sprays more than I want it to spray (might be due to the water's warmth, though).

scoopz

Sep 15, 2011
You bet your sweet ass I sit in the shower sometimes. BUT OTHER TIMES, I'll lay down in the tub and just let the water fall on me like hot heavy rain. Ahhhh...

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
What... kind of question is this?

I.. think so?

Yes?

Edit: I suppose after Garrus died in my ME2 playthrough, I most certainly did.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Only briefly to clean my neither regions properly, after that I stand.

... Was that TMI?

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
when im tired....REALLY tired.. i will sit down.. but the floor in the shower is heated aswell + the nice hot water :D

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
I will only squat in the shower if I am very tired, or I'm very depressed, or I am incredibly dizzy and would likely fall over if I tried to stand up straight. Other then that I would view it a a quirk more then anything else.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Huh. Surprising how many people posting have stall showers. The only time I've ever lived in a place with a shower not situated over a bathtub, it was in a barracks, in the Army.

So yeah, shower to bath and vice-versa is all the same to me... though I usually lay down, as opposed to sitting or squatting.

...also... yes, I waste a lot of water, but I'm not connected to city water. I have a tapped spring on my property that flows 24/7 into a stream and provides far more than I could ever use. It's also only one of three on my property.
Additionally, my gray water output goes into a gravel filter, so wasting might not be the right word for my water use.