Poll: Do you sit/squat in the shower?

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
I have a steam shower with a built in bench along the back, often after using it as a steam room for a while I just turn the water on and remain seated while the sweat rinses away. I am a lazy dude I guess.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
No, I don't. The water in my shower usually isn't very hot, and cools considerably in the time between leaving the shower head and hitting the ground. This means that if I squatted down colder water would hit me than if I was standing up.
And thus, I got sick a couple of times after sitting down in my shower. Even if the water starts hot, it hits the ground being so cold that bodily defenses go down, or something like that.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
considering my initial impression of the topic title was 'who does that?' and the last poll option is the closest in spirit of that sentiment, i'll have to choose that option. however, i'd like to add that i don't consider freakishness a degradation of personal value, so it's not insult.

Trinab

Feb 1, 2013
I once fainted in a shower, and woke up sitting at the bottom of it. Does that count?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I've knelt in a shower. For...reasons. But sitting or squatting? Nope. Never had a reason to.

I do stand weirdly femininely though.

Arm bent on my chest with the hand on my neck with the other wrapped around. Reason being, standing that way causes water to pool/run more effectively/evenly so no part of me is cold.

What?

I've tested this. Hands down at my sides? Freezing. Holding my arms up like I've got a bosom to hide? Warm and toasty.

Of course, I don't do that with company, as that would put my manly manliness in to question, but when I'm alone? Yeeeesss.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
I sit in the shower all the time. The water tends to be pretty hot, so I relax and enjoy a soak before getting on with the shower. Sometimes I can get a bit of meditating going while I'm at it.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
Quite a few showers have seats which fold down or built into the structure...especially in hospitals and rich-people houses :p

However my shower isn't one of those, but even if it was I wouldn't bother sitting down...my showers tend to finish in 5 minutes or less. Nobody needs longer than that to fully clean themselves, all the extra time is either spent "relaxing" or doing...other...stuff :)

Anyway how does one wash their bum while sitting down?

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
No I have never done that, if I want to sit and soak, I would much rather run a bath. I prefer to stand in the shower, as I usually take a shower before I go to work and I don't want to get too comfortable otherwise I would probably miss my bus.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
I sit down, although this is for more reasons than it just being comfortable, it's got to do with the fact that I'm 6"7 and next to no fucking showers are tall enough for me unless I want to detach the head (and most showers don't allow you to do this) which is uncomfortable as shit anyway. So basically I have a choice between going all Quasimodo in the shower and being profoundly uncomfortable OR I can sit down. I sit the fuck down.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Sometimes, but only because I've always had one of those bathtubs with a shower head. I hate baths though. The thought of wallowing in your own filth doesn't appeal to me, regardless if it's being diluted in water.
I used to sit in the tub with the shower on when I went to school, since I woke up at 5 AM because I preferred walking instead of taking the bus with all the other morons. Nope, I preferred to be a lonesome moron. But yeah, staying up all night and then waking up so early didn't go well with my brain, so I was always still asleep by the time I got out of the shower. Most days I could barely remember waking up.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Sometimes I do like to squat there, hunched over in the corner and reciting that Gollum song about catching fish (complete with impression). If someone knocks on the door (usually to ask if something is wrong), I shriek something about "nasty, thieving f**king hobbitses" until they go away.

ChanTheNoob

Dec 6, 2011
Since I live with my disabled grandma, we have one of those chairs attached to the wall in our shower. I've lived here pretty much my entire life, so I've just gotten into the habit of sitting on it when washing.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
I've always done it for at least 5 years or so. Shower stalls in dorm rooms, apartment complexes, my old house, etc. I've gotten used to sitting, squatting, or crouching in odd places since I was a kid. Plus I'm a small guy measuring 5' 4" (~162.6 cm) And I've never been diagnosed with depression. The position does allow me to be near most of the bathroom items I need, and I like paying attention to the subtle movements of water splashing down and moving about.

Bluestorm83

Jun 20, 2011
I've got crap feet and knees, inherited from my father and grandfather before me, so sometimes after a 12 or 13 hour day I detach the showerhead and sit in the tub to shower, because if I had to stand for even another minute I'd want to kill someone.