Poll: Do you still care about April Fools Day?

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
To me, not really. Maybe it's because I'm 21 and have a lot going on in my life, but I just do really care about April Fools. It just seems too Juvenile to me. Not that that's bad, I just seem to grown out of it. I've seen some of what's been posted today for April Fools on Youtube, some of it was a bit funny, some cute, some just lame. What about you guys, do you care about April Fools Day?

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Meh. Not really. I too have quite a bit going on in my life, and minor holidays like this one don't really interest me as much anymore.

Still though, I can see the appeal. There seems to be a bit of childish charm to it.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well sir I LOVE April Fools Day because it gives me a genuine excuse to give people jump scares by popping out my many hidden hidey holes of doom and lobbing blowdarts at them for giggles :3

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Well all it seems to be now is 'Don't Trust What Anyone Says Day'. That gets kinda boring after a while.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Beyond paying attention enough not to be taken in by the relatively subtle pranks, no.

The very concept of it is juvenile enough to make me wish to avoid it. The fact that very few seem able to come up with anything original only hurts its case.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Unless I've planned something dastardly for my friends and family, I don't tend to care much for it.

PoDo said:
Yes. Very much so. It's all good fun.
Hi DoPo, I see what you did there...

Humble Grapefruit

Jun 17, 2011
I hardly remembered that it was a thing until yesterday. I just feel like it has all been done before, and anything creative might be going over the line.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Not nearly as much as I used to. I can still appreciate a good prank or two, but I can't really be bothered to actively go around trying to prank people. Especially considering that the only place I would feel like trying to do so is on the internet where I've already been beaten to the punch at least a thousand times already.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
No.

Not at all.

Not in the slightest.

YES!!! April fools! Got you so good!!! Ghawgahghawpartywhoo!!!

Aug 1, 2010
More so than ever!

In real life, I've never cared much and neither does anyone else really.

But for the internet...... It's the most awesome day of the year.

Google Nose? Youtube having their people spend hours reading off names of videos? Maddox posting amazing fanfaction? /s4s/? I just love it all. It's the perfect excuse for the entire internet to act like a jackass simultaneously.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
It can be fun, it can be annoying, it can be boring. At least it is something different to end winter with.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Not really, or at least not anymore. But I'll probably get back into it once I have kids of my own to torment every year.

That's of course assuming I find a woman willing to lower her standards to my level first...

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I pretty much stopped caring about all types of annual celebrations, even Xmas and my own birthday, by the time I was about 15 or 16. That said, I never cared at all about April Fool's Day. We don't really celebrate it in the UK, to my knowledge at least. I've never come across anyone who has ever pranked or been pranked for the day. I actually only started becoming remotely interested in it in more recent years, after I started spending a lot of time on the internet. It's fun to see what fake news stories come up, even if they're mostly only relatively amusing. I still don't really "care" about the day, but at least it means something slightly out of the ordinary actually happens now.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Its annoying because I have to go through two days of it, one for the NZDST timezone and one for the rest of the world.

MeowZhuxi

Aug 30, 2009
Do I care and intimately follow every announcement and try to trick my friends? No. Do i enjoy seeing what large companies like google and valve will come up with? Yeah. Additionally I thought it was hilarious when a Chinese friend of mine (from China) texted me about google nose and was completely serious and then embarrassed when I explained to her that it was april fools. Is it the greatest holiday ever? No, but it is a good source for some entertainment and levity from places that are usually devoid of humor.