Poll: Do you talk to yourself while gaming?

MaG iiC 3E

Dec 5, 2010
If you recorded me while I played anything online, you'd think you would've heard someone getting murdered.

Me after I beat Leia in Force Unleashed 2: "YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT! GUT HER! F*&K HER IN THE EYE!"

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Mostly swearing. Sometimes it's going through a plan I've got if a game is giving me a fair fight, but the moment I start getting shot through mountains / multiple walls it goes back to the former.

I do remember an impressive string of expletives whilst playing CoD1. It's far too offensive to post here though. Something along the lines of "Oh my &%$£ £$%^"$%^ ^%$&£* %@$*£*"&% £*$*^($£ ^*&&$*££&"% *"£& %^&$*£ God".

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Sometimes MST3K commentary is needed. Sometimes, it's "WAH! What the hell was that?". And sometimes it's just yammering on about stuff. It's pretty random.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Sit with me when I'm playing Halo/Call of Duty/Battlefield and you'll learn all sorts of creative new profanities.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Oh god yes, all the time. I do running commentary for absolutely no purpose.
And I swear a lot, especially on a particular last boss I must have died some 20 times too... funnily enough, when I DID fix a problem that I blamed my failure on, I won first try.

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
I swear if it's something ridiculously stupid.
I'll answer a question if it's ridiculously stupid.
I don't mutter, though i do mutter to myself in my head. I think i'm halfway to being insane...

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Normally, no. Except to express rage or confusion in the utmost "WHAT THE FUCK!?!"

However since I started recording gameplay I'm making a conscious effort to speak.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I actually do that all the time. Most of the time I do a MST3K style running commentary as I play the game. I do not know why I do it. It has kind of become an unconscious habit to do when playing the game.

Light 086

Feb 10, 2011
Yes I do, I do it even when I'm not playing games. I'm not crazy. I know no ones there, I just have a tendency to mumble to myself... out of earshot of course.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Yeah. Mostly profanities when it's going bad or evil insane laugh when on a killing spree(May only happen on TF2...But still).

Or the age old one: Come one!

ChippedShoulder

Nov 10, 2010
Katana314 said:
I do it way too much.

"No....no, see that bullet WOULDN'T have hit me because I had alREADY rounded that corner and he was a f*%$ing mile AWAY..."

I'm the sort of person who's always complaining to himself about something that shouldn't have happened. Funny enough, like most people I do it less if I'm winning already.
Pretty much got me quoted word for word there. It's why I don't play online much anymore. Except on the Dead Space 2 multiplayer where I get my weirdest... comments.

After a Lurker execution: "Yeah! Kill him! NOM ON HIS FUCKIN HEAD!"
To my friend, while playing as Humans: "You like playing Necromorphs? Meh, I prefer Humans, I guess I just like killing things."

Fun times :)

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I always just quietly mutter to myself whilst gaming, don't know why, I just do :)

I am still trying to convince myself I have not gone insane.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Only if i'm doing badly or if there's a particularly douchey boss.

Or if i'm playing Batman Arkham Asylum... The amount of bat related puns i've said while playing that game...

"quick use the bat anti thing spray!"

Also in any Phoenix Wright game, i will insult the witness and prosecution many times per trial.

Objection!

*music continues*

FUCK!

[sub]How was it not the crime scene photo?![/sub]