Poll: Do you talk to yourself while gaming?

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Most of the time I pretend I'm talking to the other players online even though I don't have a mic. Like if I'm getting teabagged I'll say "Oh yeah, that's gonna reflect well on the gamer population" or something along those lines.

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
Katana314 said:
I do it way too much.

"No....no, see that bullet WOULDN'T have hit me because I had alREADY rounded that corner and he was a f*%$ing mile AWAY..."

I'm the sort of person who's always complaining to himself about something that shouldn't have happened. Funny enough, like most people I do it less if I'm winning already.
Same here. Ah, the possibilities... those things that happenned beautifully in your head, but for some reason failed miserably when you acutally played it.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
All the time I do.

I also talk to my boyfriend usually when I game.
Probably because we game together. :p

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
If I'm getting my ass beat in multiplayer I will, on occasion, make threats to brutally main and defile my adversary's family and friends.

I just can't seem to help it if my first reaction to getting dominated in TF2 is to imagine a scene composed of my opponents dead loved ones that would make Hannibal Lecter vomit in disgust

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
GundamSentinel said:
All the time. Hell, if you recorded me and the game, you'd have an instant Let's Play.
This. I tend to make commentary on the game the same way someone doing a let's play would.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
All the time when there's no one else in the house but me. It makes certain games much more fun to play and grinding much more bearable.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
GundamSentinel said:
All the time. Hell, if you recorded me and the game, you'd have an instant Let's Play.
same here, swearing is often but i also talk out my own plans to myself.

EscapingReality

Dec 31, 2010
Monkfish Acc. said:
I'm pretty bad for it, actually.
I like to criticise the character I'm playing. Like it's their fault I suck.

"Damn it Ezio what the fuck are you doing. Yeah, I said kill this guy but fuck that this random civilian pissed you off with his staring so he's going the fuck down. Oh okay yes jump off that building there, it's not like we're in a rush chasing somebody or anything."

I also have this habit of mocking cutscenes at every available opportunity. I hear it is pretty grating when I'm watching someone else play.
Second that... It's specially bad when I play Halo CE that I curse at other players and my character

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Only when scripting an LP.

Or when I sit back and go "ZOMG WUT?" See: Second Sight.

Aug 31, 2009
like most people on this thread my talking to the game consist of a steady stream of profanaties and grunts along with the insults to my character, if its a game i know i can do i get especially wound up. My cousin lent me batman arkham asylum and i have now completed story mode on all difficulties but as i was getting near the end (and also on the challenge mode) batman has become a crazy assed rubber wearing moron who wont do as he is told and before any1 comments yes i know he is only doing what i tell him to

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
I play games as a way to socialize, so even when I'm playing single player, I'm normally talking to friends in a party. So, on the rare occasions when I'm not talking to people...

Sometimes I forget I'm not, and voice an opinion with the expectation of a response. Or ask the air a question. I repeat my friends' names aloud when they don't answer me. It's embarassing.

flakmagnet

Jan 26, 2011
I rarely talk to myself, I do however (usually sarcastically) answer characters, and talk to the NPCs I'm about to kill, but again only sometimes.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Oh yeah. If I'm plaing SWAT 4 I'm swearing at my AI team-mates or at the bad guys. The camping assholes.

Also my mum walked into my room the other day and was asking what it was I was doing since I was in the middle of a really intense battle in Magicka and was shouting "YEAH! EAT STEAM LIGHTNING MOTHERF***KER!!!". I didn't know she was in the house.