Poll: Do you think Aussies ride Kangaroos?

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
of course they do! i mean, ostriches are way too mean to ride them, AND kangaroos can jump quite some distance, so what else could be their favourite way of transportation?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Please tell me that this is a joke and you don't actually believe they ride kangaroos...

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
How else would you get your mail.......
Wait, i thought Kangaroos were employed as postmen, not the mounts? That's like employing your motorbike as your chauffeur! I mean Kangaroos have thous convenient pouches for carrying letters, they wouldn't even need a mail bag.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I'd be surpised if they didn't, I mean why would you not want to?

holy_secret said:
Of course they do. It's as obvious as us Swedes having polar bears roaming the streets and all Americans being fat and stupid.
Wait, there are polar bears in Swe--? Oh.

[sup]I see what you did there.[/sup]

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
With a pair of genitals per kangaroo, I would call it a stallion ha!

But honestly ... yes they ride kangaroos ... cheap transport.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
They don't just ride kangaroo's, they also wrestle crocodiles and surf on dingos. I only say this because I know an Australian kid and I like to bust his balls, but he does honestly wish he could dingo surf.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Lt. Surge said:
So do you think Australians ride kangaroos? Or is it just a made up story? And this is just one of many prejudices that people associate with societies today. What other stereotypes can you think of that are related to societes and cultures?
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/27542_120026511366654_3208_n.jpg
Really? Like, seriously?

SleepsAnyWhere

Aug 26, 2010
Ahahaha!

You're more likely to have your ass beaten down by a Kangaroo before you'd get anywhere near RIDING it, or should I say they'd KICK your ass instead?

Anyway riding a big red to work every day would be cool I guess, but kangaroos are better for eating anyway :p

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
I'm gonna say right now that Kangaroos are arseholes.

When I was young my family dragged me along to the Australian Reptile Park and they have kangaroos wandering around there. I was feeding one and then it stuck out a hand like it wanted to shake it, and being a reasonable bloke I was at the tender age of 7 I reciprocated.

The bastard then leaned back on his tail and then forward and kicked me in the nuts.

Never buying him a bloody beer.

Cyrus Hanley

Oct 13, 2010
Dr-Sock said:
When I went to Australia I had to take the kangaroo to the hotel. Better than a taxi.
And cheaper. :)

Ja-lex said:
Of course they do, just like us Brits who ride pigeons and our Welsh friends who ride sheep...wait no! Not like that!!!
;)
LOL, we Aussies make that same joke about New Zealanders. ;-)

legion431 said:
Macgyvercas said:
I was under the impression that the only person badass enough to ride a kangaroo is Saxton Hale.

See here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/namegame/8769-Name-Game-The-Important-Australians]
Him and Steve Irwin are the definition of Australian manliness. RIP Steve.
You forgot Paul Hogan. :-(

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
brendonnelly said:
Lieju said:
I can't really imagine that in the history of Australia no bloke has ever said to their mates "You know what? Those jumping things? How much will you pay me if I try to ride one?", so yes, I'm sure some have tried it, maybe even succesfully.
They are extremely dangerous animals for one; I believe a kick to the head can kill a person. If you have ever seen them fight, you would know what I mean. I go to this caravan park where hundreds of them just hop around; tame as. But still, I wouldn't approach one.
I never said it would be a bright idea, or that riding one would be practical or comfortable.