Poll: Do you think the UN operates a secret space navy?

Jacco

May 1, 2011
The other day I was chatting with a guy who is a colonel in the USAF and we got onto the subject of conspiracy theories, arguing about 9/11, Roswell, NWO, all that bullshit and he started telling me that he has seen documents indicating that the Air Force and Navy operate a United States Space Navy as part of some UN project or something.

He didn't go into detail but he seemed utterly convinced of it's reality. Now, he was advocating that the US was behind 9/11 and that it is secretly dealing with aliens to build a New World Order, mind you.

Obviously with our current understanding of physics, space travel in the scifi sense it impossible, but that got me wondering and thinking; do you think any of the superpower government's or UN would be able to realistically operate something like that or that they may actually?

I feel like I saw that concept in a movie or TV show at one point but I don't remember what it was.

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
You know, it's so absolutely impossible that it must be true!

Gotta go edit Wikipedia for this...

Jacco

May 1, 2011
SilentCom said:
I think the USAF colonel trolled you.
Well, he was like 45 so I doubt he knows what "trolling" is. And it's not like I believed him or anything.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
it is called Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command or SPAWAR. it is a series of US Navy satalites, installations, and ships providing telementry and data on ships at (and under in theory) sea. the Data of SPAWAR is shared amongst our NATO allies, which may in turn be shared with the UN on a case to case basis.

but don't let the name fool you... we don't have space battleships fighting space battles.

9/11 was exploited by a series of terrorists. Honostly... the US government is not that smart to orginize that sort of event to occur. Remember, this is the same government which approved selling Guns to illegal gun runners to see what happens to those guns... then sit and wonder american made guns made it into the hands of gangs and cartel drug runners which used it to kill US personal, police, and civilians.

new world order is not going to happen. we disagree too much with every one else, and the throes of a new war are rather clear on the horizon. any one that things a new world order is going to happen clearly isn't looking at the events of what is acctually happening in the world.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Hmmm, it sounds strangely familiar, but I can't put my finger on it...

...oh yeah.

Sounds to me like the guy's watched one too many sci-fi thrillers.

It's next to impossible for the world's governments to agree on anything, so the odds of them secretly creating a space defense force is extremely unlikely. Also, everything we know about space travel and relativity indicates that the odds of extraterrestrial contact is pretty much nil.

Just because someone's in the military doesn't mean they're immune from crazy conspiracy theories.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Whenever people talk about government conspiracies in the US. I just tell them to look at Watergate. That alone is proof that our government is not capable of a conspiracy.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
That guy must have a REALLY good dealer. cause thats like, high (no pun intended) quality shit there he's taking to come up with that.

But to answer the question, nope. Mostly cause the UN can barely run the world. What the hell are they going to do once Saturn and Neptune start beating up on them?

also, isnt there soome kinda space treaty thing about space being for everyone? so i dont think the US can just send out its own private space navy. Otherwise we'll be getting wars, in the stars.

You know, star wars of some such.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Secrets and lies. It's always secrets and lies with those ponies!

*Ahem....uhh are you asking me if the Global Defense Initiative exists? Cause I think the answer is No.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
I want to click 'No" i know that the UN doesn't have a space navy, i know that i am only lying to myself if i click yes (even though i badly want it to be true) but a question like htis is just.... its just to good to pass upthe oppurtunity to say "yes"