Poll: Do you think you're more intelligent than the average person? (Be honest)

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Classroom smarts, no. Common sense, I sometimes feel I'm the only one who has a lick of it.

Havzad

Oct 9, 2010
I believe i am above average, but i don't like thinking that i'm better then 50% of the planet without any real basis, that just seems sorta assholeish.
i study history and anthropology as a pass time, i keep up to date on current events, i am well-read, i enjoy and write poetry, and i'm open minded about most issues, so if anything i have a high wisdom score.
Occasionally i can be stupid and sometimes i willingly do incredibly retarded things, i make terrible decisions which often lead me too even stupider situations were my idiocy shines! also i can't spell and have no punctuation skills(editing this message took about half an hour), and i'm in collage.

So you could say i'm half stupid and half smart at the same time?

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Well since I tend to know about things like sopa months before the average person I say above average. Although everyone thinks theyre above so who knows.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Was in the top class in my high school for all 5 years doing work a year above my year group. So..ya..Id say so.

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
I'm a theoretical physicist, I do research and teaching. As an undergraduate I majored and minored in physics, math, computer science, and philosophy.

I think instead of "intelligence" we can often choose a more specific term like "good memory", "good speaker", "good listener", etc. For intellectual achievements I think the most important attribute is willpower. Any student who is motivated and has the willpower to study can get an undergraduate degree, even in "hard" subjects like sciences.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Everyone is above average!

Don't ask me how that works, just follow along. You'll live longer.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
maybe, but i balance it with incredible laziness and short bursts of phenomenal stupidity. like everyone else i guess.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
What if I'm just average? What poll option do I choose?!?! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?! AAAAAAAARGH!

Okay... calm down... I'll choose none. El zilcho. Nada. Zip. Zero.

PS: I chose above average. I'm awesome.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
I am waaaay above average.
I believe my IQ falls in the "Very Superior" range, IIRC.
Note that my ridiculous ADD makes this far less useful than it could be.....

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
I'd personally like to think the poll results reflect that the general intelligence level on this site is simply high rather than reflecting that we're a bunch of self important morons. Sometimes seems difficult to tell.

Jan 29, 2009
Stuck in straight AP classes for the last 2 years. Passed the equivalent of 6 college courses in high school, and plan to be an aerospace engineer.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Agreed. It's a certain phenomenon of the Internet that one never finds oneself amongst people who represent the human average, but rather amongst those who they share more in common with.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Perhaps slightly above, but only because I don't have a high estimation of the "average" so that's not really saying much.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
isometry said:
I'm a theoretical physicist, I do research and teaching. As an undergraduate I majored and minored in physics, math, computer science, and philosophy.

I think instead of "intelligence" we can often choose a more specific term like "good memory", "good speaker", "good listener", etc. For intellectual achievements I think the most important attribute is willpower. Any student who is motivated and has the willpower to study can get an undergraduate degree, even in "hard" subjects like sciences.

Well put^

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
The fact that I'm excelling in college-level Trigonometry and C++ Programming where others are struggling, plus my grasp on vocabulary being much better than most people's surely gives credence to the belief that I am above the average intelligence.

Despite my intelligence though, I tend to dumb myself down in public so people usually think I'm actually pretty dumb or at least average until they start getting to know me. I don't really know exactly why, but it I think it's a psychological thing that stems from being bullied in grades 5th through 11th. In response to the bullying, I wanted to be more like the average, so I began to hold my intellectual self back. Thankfully, my internet-self is allowed to actually be me instead of fitting in to standards.

*snaps out of introspective thoughts*

Oh, I'm sorry for rambling. My answer is yes.

EDIT: I also got a 27 on my ACT (as if standardized tests actually prove anything).

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
I do, at least for my age group. I do understand that knowlege does not equal intelligence, but I feel I succeed in both competitions. Not to be narcissistic, but I do feel this way. I think it's got to do with me spending all my free time learning what I can, being philosophical, trying to better myself, and all that. Now mind you, this is because I'm a bit of a misanthrope (that's someone who hates most people) so I don't really hang out with people, so it's not like it doesn't come without some cost. Not a social misfit or anything, but hearing every single girl I know talk about this black veil brides crap all day every day starts to make me feel like everyone else around me is a moron. We'll see how I feel when every else around me has some time go get their little scene heads out of that band's ass though.

lovemyredguitar

Jun 9, 2010
I believe my IQ is higher than 99.2% of the the world (at least according the tests I took in 2nd grade/5th grade). Along with a 4.1 GPA and taking Calculus in 10th grade, and I can conclude I am most likely above average. :D