Poll: Do you use paid Xbox Live?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 2, 2010
I pay for a month's worth of Live every now and again when I find myself overwhelmed with the urge to play Halo; I'd rather it would be free, but Halo is one of the few online FPSes that I'm actually good at and also rather enjoy, and for the occasional fiver I feel I get my money's worth, seeing as the connection is good even in the room where I keep my xbox, which is practically bunker that seems built to block signals from my wireless router.

I'd like it if they got rid of all the ads, though; it's taking the piss, really.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009

If I want to game online I don't do it with my Xbox, I do it with my PS3 or my PC, and the latter is 95% of my online gaming. I might change that if Gold's gaming went free.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I pay for it every year. And by the end of the year it has paid for itself. Not because I play a whole lot of online games or use the party chat. But by the end of the year I have cashed in on so many specials on dlc and arcade games that I have saved well over 60 bucks on stuff I would have bought anyways. Not to mention the points they have given me for free from the rewards program.

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
I bought two years of XBL right before it went up in price. My thought was I would play more MP games, and watch a lot of Netflix and Hulu. Turns out I don't play any online console games and I can watch all the streaming media I pay for on my wife's Apple TV or our bluray player.

I'm not renewing it next year.