Poll: Do you want vehicles in skyrim??

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
WrongSprite said:
What the fuck.

Horses are confirmed I guess, they said they were still deciding on dragons last time.
I think you might be mixed up; horses are in for the moment, but they're still deliberating on whether or not to have them. Dragons are a no.

OT: Would like horses, but you'd have to have it so that they could run faster than the player ever can.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I don't really want vehicles. Something like the silt striders would be nice, vehicles as a fast travel, but I don't really want to just ride things around. Especially dragons, why would I ride one when I can suck up their soul?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Vehicles no, dragons yeah, it'd be a sweet addition, but I'm happy with just the horses too. What I'd love to see is some mounted combat (they've been talking about it for Oblivion but it got scrapped), but that probably wouldn't fit perfectly with the game at this point :\

Woodsey said:
OT: Would like horses, but you'd have to have it so that they could run faster than the player ever can.
At the base, sure, but no need to remove Speed spells for it. Just allow us, like in Oblivion, to cast the Speed spells on targets as well. Superfast horsies ftw :>

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Woodsey said:
WrongSprite said:
What the fuck.

Horses are confirmed I guess, they said they were still deciding on dragons last time.
I think you might be mixed up; horses are in for the moment, but they're still deliberating on whether or not to have them. Dragons are a no.

Last I checked, horses were 100% yes.

Yeah, look here.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/03/skyrim-has-60000-lines-of-dialogue-new-dragon-shouts-revealed-horses-confirmed/

Dragons were considered at one point, but no longer.

Anadinolin

Oct 11, 2010
personally, i liked the way they did it in morrowind, although it did drag it out a bit, walking from place to place, atleast it made you appreciate the design that went into the various areas.

it would be cool if you could have a rune system like in ultima online, where you have one stone or something and link up 10 or something locations that you can travel to?

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
Dragon riding would be awesome, I'm not surprised Elders scroll fans are against it.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
Yerp. There's nothing I want more then to be tearing up the lands of skyrim in my 90 billion horsepower 5 story high monster truck.

Oh wait...you meant "mounts," not vehichles...

In that case no. I want to have to walk EVERYWHERE until my I get arthritis in my middle finger from holding down the "W" key.

In all seriousness, I'd love horses or horse-speed type mounts initially, then once you get to high level and have already explored most of the map it would be SICK to be able to tame a dragon so you can fly it and raze villages and hamlets to the ground should they fail to swear fealty to my awesomeness. It could also be a way of accessing really high level areas that you couldn't previously get to on foot.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
no.
vehicles would do terrible, terrible damage to the TES series.

on the other hand i am all for riding animals and mythical beasts.

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
Steel_crab said:
To be honest, I don't thinking riding a dragon would be that great - some of the best bits of the elder scrolls are the exploration and the characters you meet/murder along the way.

Besides, as Eragon learnt in the first Inheritance book, riding a dragon without a REALLY thick saddle will literally scrape your cock off.
Great reference and I agree.

Zenino

Jun 16, 2009
Silt striders!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5009/5348108819_2e7df76200.jpg

FTW

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Well I wouldn't class a horse as a vehicle really.
If they have done horses properly (by which I mean you can fight on them, but it is a skill that you must level up in like any other) then that would really improve my experience.
Also some kind of fast travel system like in Morrowind, where you had to get to the Silt Strider first.
But other then that, no, I'd rather walk.
I just hope that instead of Silt Striders we get Mammoths.

Also, when the words 'horse' and 'vehicle' are used in the same instance I get this impression:

Hey, Bethesda, if I could have one of those in Skyrim, that would be great.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
I'm fine with just horses. I would say don't even screw with dragons unless you know you can pull it off well.

Hartmansgrad

Oct 13, 2009
Summoned mounts may be a fun addition to the horses that featured in Oblivion but I don't think there will be much point to any of them unless there is some sort of mechanic for mounted combat.

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Wyverns: Faster than horses, slower than dragons and low enough to the ground to be shot at/wizard 'splosion'd at. I thought that was a nifty idea that doesn't detract too greatly from the environment of the game.

Chariots: Because it's a freakin' chariot.

Thomas Rembrandt

Feb 17, 2010
I don't like any kind of mounts in a single player game that allows you to teleport. But i guess providing the option for roleplaying purposes is perfectly legit.