Poll: Do you want Wheatley back?

Mo-shi

Mar 27, 2011
See title! I just wanted everyone's opinion on the matter. I thought of this after I found this link on Tumblr, LINK

Basicly it says :

If you have liked P-Body's page on facebook, you probably seen the strange video where you see the Aperture science logo and strange noises in the background. It's a special radio transmission being sent through, and you need a spectrograph to decode it. It has the Wheatley laboratories logo and says alot of coding in the corner. Parts were unclear, but someone managed to decode it, if you are wondering what the message is, here it is.

"/Login Successful
/run: WheatleyAIBackup.exe
/Initializing
/error . 01000101011100100111
/Forwarding Wheatley AI
to emergency backup core
/Attempt = successful"

It also has the link to the video and such.
Now, I know how fake it sounds, but, WOULDN'T IT BE NEAT? :D
I'd be so happy, since I am a HUGE Wheatley fangirl.

Since everyone knows there's going to be free DLC this summer, do you want him in it? Or any other Valve game? E.g. HL3/Portal 2 DLC/(If) Portal 3

Stephen Merchant has said that he would be delighted to voice Wheatley again if Valve asked him to, and I would too : )

How do you think he would get back to Earth and such? What would happen? I guess it doesn't really matter, Valve can do whatever ;P

Put GLaDOS in a potato and shot us to the moon.

[sub]I want human!Wheatley. [/sub]

What? Who said that!

Discuss please? <:D

EDIT: In my opinion, Wheatley just got corrupted by the GLaDOS mainframe, like a virus yeah? And, got this compulsion to test, test, test. So, I don't really think it was his fault, he was too stupid to maintain the facility, and he crapped up. I don't really think he deserves to stay in space forever.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
I'm just sad he didn't get crushed by a mashy spike plate.

Wheatley was entertaining at times, yes, but he's gone and should remain gone. ... or, if he must come back, he comes back as a flaming space ball.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Yea, I'd prefer Wheatley be left to rest in peace. If he is going to come back though, it should be the exact same Wheatley and not a backup copy.

I can see it now. Chell's walking along and meteor lands in front of her. She goes up to investigate and BAM, burnt ass Wheatley.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
Ya I wouldn't mind him coming back, Stephen Merchant did a great job. I think his character did basically all it could in the game already though, so just a small cameo or something would be enough.

Having him follow you around for an extended amount of time would just be pandering and rehashing material.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Actually not at all, he is great but they need to do someone new, they could do somany things with these cores so don't limit that opportunity.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Wheatley never died, and I'm glad Valve did that. I forgive him for what he did.

Besides, he's in a better place now.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/130/c/2/spoilers__space_by_mclarenf1lm22-d3erohg.png

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
How can anyone NOT like wheatley? he was hilarious! Sure he tried to kill you, but i mean, if you get that sudden burst of power, and someone sits there and tells you that you were built to be a moron, you'd get mad too!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Oh, I would love to see 'im back. Allright, he went mad with power, but that body CAUSES it, and he seemed like a redeemable character. From my perspective, the AI core that helped me deal with Glados and the lab was unfortunately overwhelmed by the power of Aperture Labs and the programming, leading him to be decidedly deranged in an unfortunate and almost tragic fashion. I don't blame him. If he really IS what Glados says he was, then he actually hasn't got the wisdom to overcome temptation.

Wheatley: I AM NOT A MORON!

Sorry, sorry... He's still touchy about this whole thing. Anyway, your questions! I have answers!

Villain Core: Do I need to tranquilize you?

Ummm...no. I'm fine, really.

So...how? Well, how's about this?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Space Core: SPAAAAACE!!

Wheatley: Ugh, could you please give it a rest already, mate? Besides, that's not really space coming up, so much as...mass.

Space Core: Space! Space! Stars! Moon! Big white moon!

Wheatley: Oh no...

*Sounds of two erstwhile AI cores hitting the moon's surface*

Wheatley: Well, lovely. Now, I'm stuck on the moon. I suppose I could use my little moving parts to inch along a bit. 'Course, all the moondust will get inside. What about you, mate?

Space Core: Space! Space! Gotta see space! Gotta send pictures of space!

Wheatley: Send pictures...? Wait a minute, are you transmitting? Ohhh...I see. Clever... Heh heh heh heh... Let the games begin.

Transmission line open. Seeking unoccupied core body.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Villain Core: What happened to the idea about the Aperture Moonbase?

Easy. He finds out that what he wants is alot closer than he thought and to get properly back to Earth himself or in another sphere, he has to go investigate a moonbase.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I'd be willing to go visit him on the moon but hes not allowed back on earth.

Mo-shi

Mar 27, 2011
Grabbin Keelz said:
Wheatley never died, and I'm glad Valve did that. I forgive him for what he did.

Besides, he's in a better place now.

"Besides, he's in a better place now."

I'd be kind of annoyed after a day of that. :/
I love space core and all, but. It would get annoying.

Hijax

Jun 1, 2009
I would love to have Wheatley back. I think i forgive him for what he did, the testing addiction is hardwired into the system.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
I really want Wheatly back. I forgave him for what he did, poor bastard was just a moron he couldn't help him.

i love Steven Merchant, best voice actor.

Ubervelt

Aug 22, 2010
I would like to see how he fixes what has happened and try to befriend Chell after all he has done. I liked him as a character even when he was mad. I hope he returns.

Josh Tilghman

Jan 31, 2013
I think Wheatley should come back. He didn't know what he was doing. Once you get plugged into that thing, you get
power hungry and a lot more evil. I know that because it was the same way with Glatos. I also know a way they could
bring him back. The people from Half Life could shoot a portal into space, and Wheatley could come crashing through. Then somehow Chell finds him there. I don't know who the villain would be in Portal 3 if Wheatley isn't, but i still want him to come back

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Josh Tilghman said:
I think Wheatley should come back. He didn't know what he was doing. Once you get plugged into that thing, you get
power hungry and a lot more evil. I know that because it was the same way with Glatos. I also know a way they could
bring him back. The people from Half Life could shoot a portal into space, and Wheatley could come crashing through. Then somehow Chell finds him there. I don't know who the villain would be in Portal 3 if Wheatley isn't, but i still want him to come back

Am I mistaken in believing whatever that was a yeah and a half ago, it wasn't followed through?

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
Nope, I think he should stay up there.
In my opinion, his story is finished. It was a great and interesting story, written and voiced well, but I consider it to be over.
I'd much prefer a new character if Valve ever decides to make Portal 3.

Apr 5, 2008
No. I didn't particularly like him or the story all that much. Glados once again stole the show, though Cave Johnson gave her a very good run for the money.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Raognerrrm said:
Nope, I think he should stay up there.
In my opinion, his story is finished. It was a great and interesting story, written and voiced well, but I consider it to be over.
I'd much prefer a new character if Valve ever decides to make Portal 3.
DoPo said:

Am I mistaken in believing whatever that was a yeah and a half ago, it wasn't followed through?
I can't be bothered to edit the image and add another "AGAIN!!!!" at the end, just pretend there is one and I posted it.

Gallade323

Feb 28, 2013
Wheatley should be back because he really was a lovable goof who just had a bad luck I mean first he's destroyed by glados and rebuilt by nano bots and my speculation is they fucked up he got a taste of power and then was told he was made to be a moron became addicted to testing and got sent to space for the problem that the body causes he deserves a second chance damn it