Poll: Does anyone actually want FF XIII-2?

TheSupremeForce

Jul 19, 2009
Since 13 was my favorite Final Fantasy since the SNES days, I'm okay with FF13-2, in theory at least. Can it possibly be worse than the last -2 FF?

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Well you're completely wrong about the music (best main battle theme since IX at least), but the thing is, if they actually deliver on any of their promises of less linearity, darker plot, etc., yeah, it should be the game that FFXIII should've been.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I am actually considering getting Final fantasy XIII since you can get it quite cheap nowadays, just to see what all the hatred for the game is about. I won't be getting Final fantasy XIII-2 just yet, I will probably wait a year or two and getting it cheap, so I wouldn't rule it out. But if the games are anything like Final fantasy X through to Final Fantasy XII I think I might end up trading it in or selling it to my brother.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
No. Please no. Fuck no.

Who still cares about Final Fantasy? I don´t even know if it can be called a game. It should be a movie or a serie, because when you are wandering around in a linear road, puting auto-attack everytime to stop wasting time, and getting cutscenes that extend to 20 hours, that´s NOT a game. That´s a really long and shitty movie, or one of those "interactive"(sarcasm) stories that cartoon DVD´s used to include.

P.S.:Remember when Yatzhee reviewed it and said that he stop playing after 5 hours? I didn´t last 30 minutes before taking the disc out of the console, putting Fallout 3 and having fun. You know, that thing you have when your playing and FF after VII?

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
I suppose there are those people.
Seeing how FF XIII sold incredibly well and got rave-reviews from most actual journalists.

.... I mean... you ARE aware that the people who hate FFXIII ARE in the minority ?
Right ?
Please ?
I mean, come on, don´t tell me that being in the giant fucking echo-chamber that is the internet has deluded you to the point, where you ACTUALLY believe the opinion of people who say things like "X has been complete shit ever since incarnation Y" are even close to being a significant part of the gaming public.

brief edit:
In case you want to bring up that charming point, that you have forbidden people from using the "Popular = good" argument, allow me to say that you are totally right.
Still doesn´t change the fact that, yes, a fuckton of people are looking forward to this game.
Me very much NOT being one of them.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Awesome, intricate story, and easy enough gameplay....the only thing more I could ask for are more side quests and more difficult dungeons but otherwise....already on reserve at my local gamestop. :)

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
I wanted to put the third option, because that's how I feel truly, but I just want to play it, it's still Final Fantasy, nostalgia always kicks in, and I always want to give each game a chance, I just want an easily accessible nice JRPG again! I shall get it when it's a tad cheaper, and hopefully finish this one unlike 13 which I just read up the ending because I couldn't be arsed finishing myself.
blerg...

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
You know the sequel thing doesnt actually bother me except for one major thing

Why the fuck is SE continuing to divert attention away from XIII versus?!?!?!

So if it means I have to continue to wait for Versus, then no, Do not want. If it means that XIII-2 is put on hold till Versus is released? then I dont mind.

OT: I dont think XIII-2 is going to fix the problems of 13. Not that you couldnt use the sequel to fix the problems, its just that SE has no idea what they are doing any more and has so far lost touch with their audience that even if you smack the lead developers in the face with exactly what it would take to fix the franchise, they will continue to give the public something completely off base and unwanted.

Oh well.. back to waiting for Versus, Like I have been for half a decade now. Hrm.. Has the Ghost of Duke left a void and SE is trying to fill it with their own vaporware?

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Fuck no. FFXIII was a crime against RPGs, and destroyed my faith in Square Enix as a development team.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
You mean apart from the entire Japanese nation? I'm sure those numbers aren't all that important.
I surely don't tho, just make movies we will all be happier

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I stopped taking you seriously when you said "bad music". No. Just no. I distinctively disliked FF13, and got to 30 minutes before the end, and I disliked most about it, but I'm calling bullshit on that. The music was brilliant, that and the visual aesthetics were the only good things about it, and they were VERY good.

OT: No. But I don't like JRPGs in general, so it's nothing personal against FF13. Though it was pretty bad.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
It "looks" like they are going to fix a lot of the problems, but we can only hope (DAMMIT) they fix it. I'll buy the game but because I enjoy the games, and I like my rpgs.

Jiffylust

Jul 9, 2011
Yeah, I don't trust SE, but hopefully FFXIII-2 will be good. It appears they they have listened to their fans (possibly) and tried to fix the largest problems with the original. Maybe they will piece together the fact that listening to fans is actually useful when making games. However, as i'm sure has been brought up a million times, putting towns in FFXIII-2 eliminates their main excuse for not remaking FFVII. Proving they were lying about how it would take absurd amount of time. So, overall my net trust is negatively effected by FFXIII-2.

Also, I would also like to join Richardplex in saying the music in FFXIII was great. Sure Uematsu left so its different but Hamauzu is still really talented, Travel Agency from X is like one of my favorite FF tracks ever.

zhoominator

Jan 30, 2010
Probably not, I know this seems shallow but the reason I like the games I like can often hinge on the battle system. I hated the one in VIII and didn't like that game. I really liked the battle system in X and X-2 and as a result liked those games (I don't get all the hate for X-2, sure the music wasn't as good but I really loved the fighting mechanics in that game). I can kinda see what they were going for with XIII but I'm not sure it really gelled with me. Therefore, despite the other changes I am still a bit hesitant about buying it, at least until it becomes cheaper.

I've never been a fan of the FF stories though. I know it might be hard for such long games to have consistently good stories but fans seem to have lowered their standards pretty damn far. The stories range from bland and predictable to confusing and stupid with characters being either uninteresting or just plain unlikable (for the most part). It seems odd when people acted like it was a new thing when XIII had a rubbish story when almost none of them had been any good, even the older ones which people play with their rose tinted goggles.

Edit:- And to anybody who has been saying that the music was rubbish: what the hell game were you playing? The music in the more recent FF games has been some of the best music put together in any game released in the US or UK (excluding games like GTA or Guitar Hero type games of course :p). I can't speak for all games ever because there are some that we just don't get to play over here.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
I have zero interest in XIII-2. 13 was the only FF game that I haven't finished nor have any desire to do so. The fact that the PS3 that had the save file on it died, doesn't make things easier.

Frankly I just wish that -2 would be scrapped, all development would focus on Versus and that they just call that game Final Fantasy XV. That way we can move on and forget about 13.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I definitely won't but ff XIII 2, I can't even tolerate ff13 enough to get half way though it.

FF10-2 was tolerable if you thought of it as Fashion Funny Final Fantasy Scooby Doo.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Meh. I didn't really like XIII's story. I'll probably still try it anyway, but I'm not holding my breath. At least it seems Hope won't be a main character, that's always a plus.

But seriously, after XIII, XIII-2, XIII Versus and XIII Agito (I know it's no longer called that, but I'm making a point here), could Square just leave it alone? Just make XV already!

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Based on how similar it's looking to XIII, I'm probably not going to buy it. Not that XIII was a terrible game...just wasn't all that great.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
Yes. I enjoy watching the FF main series experiment with its own formula. I liked the story of XIII well enough and enjoyed most of the characters. The battle system was decent, and I would like to see what they do to give it a more action-oriented feel. I suspect that I will be disappointed in XIII-2's storyline because of a lack of emphasis on Lightning, but I'll give it a chance.