Poll: Does being racist instantly make you a bad person?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Sparrow said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
I can't remember who said it but:

"I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it"
I know that's from Voltaire, though I'm not entirely sure in what context.
He was probably on an internet forum when he said it :p

Also love the avatar.

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
Well, if hating people for their skin isn't bad, then what is bad?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hahaha. Oh no. They're not a bad person, they're just a person. A person with an unfounded prejudice, most likely one based out of ignorance, but still a person. We all have our weird quirks and oddities, and some people channel it into ignorance. And being ignorant doesn't make you a bad person--just a dumb one.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Bad? Well that depends on a lot of things. I think they're being fearful and ignorant at best however.

DarkHuntress

Apr 8, 2010
Of course it makes you a bad person. If you can't accept others that are different from you than something is wrong with your humanity. I would even doubt you have any.

Something is wrong with a person who, after only LOOKING at someone, decides they don't like them. Racism is based on ignorance. You can't have international focus if you can't accept someone whose appearance is different from yours.

I said accepting not liking, that's a personal choice. Even those that look like you, you don't always like.

If we can't accept one another just because of their cultural or racial differences, how in the world are we even ready to talk about alien visitors!

ugeine

Aug 6, 2009
emily123 said:
no actually neo-nazi means reformist nazi meaning we want the origional regime without the mass murder
and the nazi's never went to war hitler went to war dragging the rest of the party with him we were around long before that bastard smeared our name

get your facts right first before jumping to conclusions
because come on it deosnt hurt to insult soemone unless its true
Seriously?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
BlindMessiah94 said:
Sparrow said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
I can't remember who said it but:

"I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it"
I know that's from Voltaire, though I'm not entirely sure in what context.
He was probably on an internet forum when he said it :p

Also love the avatar.
Thankies. We3 is awesome.

Matt-the-twat

Sep 13, 2009
'Bad person' is such a vague statement, comes down to our definitions of what we consider bad person to be. If I were to take it literally, then yes they are a bad person. Why? Because if you're that close-minded and wilfully ignorant then you're not the alpha-human. You're definitely stupid, but to what extent is debatable, and in my view if you're going to be a good all-round person, you have to have a degree of intelligence - both in freedom of thought and social intelligence.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Uhm.. I don't like the majority of Asian men, not because of their skin colour, but because three tried grabbing me in town once, one tried mugging me and three tried to pick a fight with me earlier. People stupidly call me racist because of that.
As long as he doesn't act on it, he's not a bad person.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
It depends on how racist the person is.
My best friend is pretty racist and he likes to joke about the neighborhoods I've lived in and I like to take him out of his comfort level by bringing black and jewish friends to his parties. But that's how far his racism extends: tasteless jokes.
If I ever saw him beating the crap out of someone because of their race or anything, we would have problems.

Jokingly racist - can be a good person... Otherwise.
Violently racist - always total pricks.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Sir John The Net Knight said:
Yes, it does. And a fact most people overlook, you can be not white and a racist. And that makes you a bad person too.
bad is subjective.
so you can't state it as fact.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
I'd lose all respect for someone who acted like that.
If they were a good friend up until then I would make some attempt to get through to them rather than just slag them off.

Matt-the-twat

Sep 13, 2009
EmileeElectro said:
Uhm.. I don't like Asian men, not because of their skin colour, but because three tried grabbing me in town once, one tried mugging me and three tried to pick a fight with me earlier. People stupidly call me racist because of that.
As long as he doesn't act on it, he's not a bad person.
You are stupidly racist for not liking Asian men. If three white women grabbed you and tried to mug you would you suddenly dislike all white women? It's the discrimination of putting all people with some similar physical characteristics in the same boat - which is what you're saying you're doing - that's racist. Doesn't matter what you're reason for it is.

ugeine

Aug 6, 2009
emily123 said:
and what deos that mean exactly if its sac=rcastic i cant tell over the internet
I was just wondering about a few things, really. Like, as a genuine Nazi, do you support the annexation of Austria to Germany? And do you believe that The Aryan people (people born in Germany) are superior to other nations (such as people born in America)?

What's your stance on The Stalin Hitler Pact?