Poll: Does Rush deserve a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? If Michael can do it, why can't they?

Riecharus

Jan 21, 2011
Rush has long proven itself to be an extremely skilfull power trio from day one and theyre level of musicianship has become astounding. Their music touches people on an individual level and still manages to appeal to a broad audience and I dare any band to create something as complex and beautiful as La villa strangiato or 2112 in the time they were given.

So why oh why, have they not been recognized enough to even gain a place in the rock and Roll Hall of fame?

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Riecharus said:
Rush has long proven itself to be an extremely skilfull power trio from day one and theyre level of musicianship has become astounding. Their music touches people on an individual level and still manages to appeal to a broad audience and I dare any band to create something as complex and beautiful as La villa strangiato or 2112 in the time they were given.

So why oh why, have they not been recognized enough to even gain a place in the rock and Roll Hall of fame?

GOD DAMN IT YES THEY DO!! I mean they've already made it in the Canadian Hall of Fame, so why not in America!?

Rush has continually blown my mind and has proven that there is no drummer better than Neil Peart!! NONE!!

Geddy Lee's Voice is freaking magic to my ears and every guitar solo in their songs have always proven to be not only different but just as amazing if not better than the last.

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
After listening to Rush for over two decades, every other rock group just feels...flat. To me, they are the best rock band, period.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
They will one day it's a real chance.

And the concert they put on when they do will be fan-fecking-tastic.

IrradiatedFish

Sep 24, 2010
I agree. I can't understand how they have not been inducted. It's quite shocking really. Even if you're not a fan of their music, there's no denying their success and talent.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Yes they most certainly do. Better question, does Greenday? Recently I took a class field trip up the the Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and some of my classmates were upset that they had not yet gotten admitted. Personally I think they are overrated and don't deserve admittance.

Back on topic, yes Rush is awesome and they have the best drummer of all time and should be admitted.

KingCrInuYasha

Jan 17, 2011
From what I've heard, the guys who run the place can't stand the type of music Rush makes. They view them as pretentious and not worthy of admission.

A shame really. Rush is heads above most of the stuff that Rolling Stone praises.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Well, I'm conflicted.

On the one hand, I'm a proud Canadian, so I say, "Yes, put them in the damn Hall of Fame! Rock on, my Canadian brethren!"

On the other hand, I freakin' hate Geddy Lee's voice. I think that most of their songs would be pretty good if not for his awful, awful singing.

So, um... Yes, as long as I don't have to hear it.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
*snorts cheeto dust* AGH THERE IS NO F*CKING DRUMMER BETTER THAN NEIL PEART!

Seriously though, Rush is epic.If they don't get a spot, the people who run this museum have no taste.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
KingCrInuYasha said:
From what I've heard, the guys who run the place can't stand the type of music Rush makes. They view them as pretentious and not worthy of admission.

A shame really. Rush is heads above most of the stuff that Rolling Stone praises.
Really? I think running a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should mean your own opinion of the band doesn't matter. If a band has been around as long as Rush, and put out as many albums, as well as had as much influence, you'd be obligated to put them in. Of course, they only recently inducted Black Sabbath, if I recall correctly. Pathetic, really.

kerbouchard

Sep 25, 2009
My understanding was that they insulted the rock and roll hall of fame a long time ago and that's why they haven't been inducted yet. Other than that they have 24 gold records and 14 platinum placing them in the top three for consecutive albums. I think that should qualify them alone.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
...I don't like Rush.

There are other bands I think are more deserving of a place that still haven't been inducted (namely Thin Lizzy and Pink Floyd, maybe Judas Priest too). The idea of a Rock and Roll hall of fame that includes decidedly not rock and roll acts like Michael Jackson but doesn't have some of the most influential rock bands of all time in seems rather strange to me.

Rush should probably go in, being as successful as they are, but they aren't high on the list of bands that really should be in there.

Riecharus

Jan 21, 2011
Well there are some rush songs were his voice is less intense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOyXOOZHcvE
The pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXww6Rqahnk
Driven

And even some songs where he doesn't sing at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQPHsONF_tE
La Villa Strangiato

As many people have already said Rush is variety!
But if you just don't like rush I can understand that too.

gjkdioepppp

Dec 7, 2008
Probably isn't worth bothering about really.
I think the fact that Rush still make music that is enjoyed by millions of fans around the world is reward enough without having to be inducted into some piece of shit museum that stopped rewarding real rock'n'roll a long time ago.

Nerfherder17

May 16, 2011
The Shade said:
Well, I'm conflicted.

On the one hand, I'm a proud Canadian, so I say, "Yes, put them in the damn Hall of Fame! Rock on, my Canadian brethren!"

On the other hand, I freakin' hate Geddy Lee's voice. I think that most of their songs would be pretty good if not for his awful, awful singing.

So, um... Yes, as long as I don't have to hear it.
Don't say yes out of pride. It doesn't make a difference that you're from the same country. Put it this way, if they were american or british would you still say yes?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Hell yes they do. Though I think the reason for them not already being in there is that the rock and roll hall of fame suffers from the same problem ad the oscars as in the people that make these decisions are far too up their own backside and have forgotten its suppose to be about the music man.

KingCrInuYasha

Jan 17, 2011
TheRightToArmBears said:
...I don't like Rush.

There are other bands I think are more deserving of a place that still haven't been inducted (namely Thin Lizzy and Pink Floyd, maybe Judas Priest too).
Actually, Pink Floyd was inducted into the Hall of Fame in the mid '90s. Agree about the part about Lizzy being in there.

Other acts I'd like to see in The Hall of Fame:

Captain Beefheart
Marc Bolan/T. Rex
Jethro Tull
Deep Purple
Oingo Boingo
Moody Blues
Yes
King Crimson
Van Der Graaf Generator
Hawkwind
Donovan
Small Faces
Soft Machine
Nick Drake
Love
Funkadelic - Almost forgot about these guys.