Poll: dose a game with a unskipable intro make you play them less ?

ljd184

Jul 5, 2009
i think the unskipable intro of crackdown stoped me playing it as much and the one of halo ODST makes me not play it as often .
so i ask you now dosea game with a unskipable intro make you play them less ? and what do you do in the intro ?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
No, I have other things to do while the intro is going on if need be. I've got my laptop and a secondary TV. Doesn't bother me at all. ^_^

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Borderlands kinda bugs me. Mostly due to the needlessly long Nvidia screen, and it's unskippable as well...

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Not really. If it needs to be known then im all for letting them have it unskipable for the 1st time. After that it just becomes a bit annoying.

Off topic: isnt your avatar supposed to be a gif?

EDIT: also, where is poll?

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
well it depends, if it has a high replay value surrounding the single player aspect then yes a little.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Marter said:
No, I have other things to do while the intro is going on if need be. I've got my laptop and a secondary TV. Doesn't bother me at all. ^_^
You have two TV's in the same room?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Kurokami said:
Marter said:
You have two TV's in the same room?
Yep. One HD TV that I do most of my gaming on, and one SD TV that was going to be thrown out after we got the HD one, but I kept it to watch cable on. ^_^

ljd184

Jul 5, 2009
the poll should be there but isn't and i mean more of the starting up of a game like the reloading bit of red dead

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Of course not!
Unskippable is a great and hilarious show on The Escapist so I'm pretty sure playing a game with an intro of it would not affect my gaming at all!

OT: No. They are usually integral to the plot and I do usually like watching cutscenes of any description anyway.
What is annoying is if there are unskippable cutscenes which appear before a ridiculously hard section which you must re-watch every time you fail. These do affect the game.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Honestly? Yes, I think so.
I love AC 1, but having to watch this stupid traitor talk for 20 minutes before I can start my mission really bugs me, so I play the game less often.
Plus that game had some graphic problems on my PC, every cutscene with Desmond had normal sound but awfully slow video. Mostly they were done with talking about half a minute ago but the lips still moved.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
dududf said:
Borderlands kinda bugs me. Mostly due to the needlessly long Nvidia screen, and it's unskippable as well...
That is the only one that comes to mind, but I usually start it then go get a drink or go to the bathroom or something...

Griphphin

Jul 4, 2009
dududf said:
The unskippable-ness bugs me to an extent, but the fact that it (and other games that do this with certain screens) forcefully pauses your music is really annoying for me. I often have music playing unless I've got some cutscene or some important dialogue.